Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Yipee! Pre-move trip booked!

Ok so just booked our 1st pre-move trip for March 30th-April 6th. I would love suggestions on things to do and where to stay. Here is some we have come up with:

- Do miami tour

- Meet with commercial Realtor and look to see what is around as far as possible photography studio locations

- Meet with residential Realtor to tour pet friendly buildings (not sure if we want to rent or buy yet)

- Try and decipher who the best wedding vendors in the area are and meet with them

- go to networking events (if we can find them)

- do a bridal/model shoot on the beach

We are so excited. We will actually be working a wedding in the bahamas first before we come to Miami so awesome trip all around!

Suggest away!

Candice

Hi Candice! Welcome to MiamiBeach411!

I hope you get to do everything on your to-do list..very ambitious. I'd like to recommend the Miami City Tour that this site offers. It supports our website, and was also ranked #1 by tripadvisor.com.

You asked where to stay and you're asking about the best wedding vendors and how to meet with them: One answer- The former Versace Mansion. If you can swing the pricetag of staying there, I'm sure you will chances of meeting with the manager will increase. By a lot. That place is definately the premier wedding spot in South Beach. I've been there for dinner and I've seen one. You could also just plan dinner there and hope they'res a wedding happening-the guy in charge is always there.

I've seen a wedding at the Setai and a bride and groom being photographed at the National.

Sounds like a great trip!

Candice, I did some crowdsourcing on Twitter, because my curiosity was piqued. Here are additional recommendations from my followers for
    wedding-related photo shoots.

Bonnet House, Fort Lauderdale

Florida Room, Delano Hotel, Miami Beach

Wynwood Art District murals (very funky but fun) - Miami

Miami Skyline as seen from under Macarthur Causeway on Watson Island

West coast of Florida for spectacular sunsets

Greynolds Park Pavillion (North Miami Beach)

Key Biscayne Light House (Miami-Dade)

Yes we are wedding photographers. Already married :) 8 years. We actually do wedding photography and cinematography, as well as portrait photography (mainly HS seniors and boudoir).

As far as networking we are interested in both. Really we just want to meet as many people as we can:) Thanks for all the locations! That really helps! I love the coconut grove idea!

Candice

You should check out Matheson Hammock for a beach shoot. It is a gorgeous tropical beach, much more beautiful and romantic than South Beach, in my opinion. It boasts a real coconut grove. I can't tell you how many times I've seen pre-wedding and pre-wedding photos there.

In some parts of South Beach, the high-rise condos blocks the warm golden sunlight in the afternoon. That's not an issue at Matheson Hammock. The light there is gorgeous.

Also, there is a rocky beach in Jupiter, Florida that is very popular for sunset shoots, especially for pre-wedding photos. I have to find out the exact name of the park.

Here are other amazing venues for wedding photography, in addition
    to Casa Casuarina (Versace's place), the one Sungal mentioned:

- Spanish Monastery
    - Deering Estate
    - Vizcaya
    - Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden

All of these are private and would require permits

Matheson Hammock also has a gorgeous grove of oak trees with Spanish moss.

Some spots of Coral Gables are popular with wedding photographers.

Pinecrest Gardens is another good one.

One more thing - I highly recommend Ines Hegedus-Garcia from Miamism. She's an awesome, knowledgeable
    realtor and great person.

Hi crcossel, you must be getting excited!

What is your budget per night? I can give you some hotel recommendations.

I thought I'd mention that I did email the Former Versace Mansion (now "The Villa by Barton G." about room rates. If anyone is curious they start at $1800 per night! Whoa. I thought expensive was $500 a night. We are still going to try and get a meeting with the manager.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, Candice, welcome to Miami Beach 411.

- Try and decipher who the best wedding vendors in the area are and meet with them
    Here's a list of wedding vendors to help get you started.

- go to networking events (if we can find them)
    If you're looking for events, check out Coach's website - SoulofMiami.org. Coach is a "Social Media Expert", and a good guy to know.

Seriously this is best forum ever! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by crcossel
    I thought I'd mention that I did email the Former Versace Mansion (now "The Villa by Barton G." about room rates. If anyone is curious they start at $1800 per night! Whoa. I thought expensive was $500 a night. We are still going to try and get a meeting with the manager.
    OMG how much? Ridiculous.

Has anyone talked to Lyle Chariff recently. I messaged and called him to let him know we scheduled this trip but I haven't heard anything and I am just concerned.

We talked extensively last summer when I originally posted we were considering this and he was really helpful and I really would like to work with him.

Nevermind my previous post. I just heard from Lyle :) He's been out of the country.