Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Pros and Cons About Living Around Downtown Fort Lauderdale & Beaches

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Default Re: Pros and Cons About Living Around Downtown Fort Lauderdale & Beaches

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    Really?

Just searched the MLS....

There are 12 different 2 Bedrooms for rent 'near' and 'in' downtown Ft. Lauderdale for $1500 or less, half of which are 2 bedroom 1 bathroom. There are 30 in Plantation (mostly 2/2) and 60 in Pembroke Pines.

'nuff said ;-)
    Marc, there are probably 100 places for rent in the twenty block radius of my house that are not on the MLS. I live here, ride my bike, and run the neighborhood daily.

Most people just put a sign in their front yard east of US1/downtown Fort Lauderdale/Colee Hammock/Vicoria Park/Rio Vista.

The schools are better out in the suburbs which drives up the rents.

Default Re: Pros and Cons About Living Around Downtown Fort Lauderdale & Beaches

Quote Originally Posted by FredTheCatTravels View Post
    Marc, there are probably 100 places for rent in the twenty block radius of my house that are not on the MLS. I live here, ride my bike, and run the neighborhood daily.

Most people just put a sign in their front yard east of US1/downtown Fort Lauderdale/Colee Hammock/Vicoria Park/Rio Vista.

The schools are better out in the suburbs which drives up the rents.
    And there are probably dozens of Apartment complexes in Pines / Plantation so add hundreds of more properties in to the available inventory. How many apt complexes are there near Broward Blvd? Camden?

City is always more expensive than the burbs..that's why they created the burbs...

Well, that and so they could put better schools out there. And so white people would have somewhere to go when the element moved in.

And depends on the suburb. Coral Gables is expensive. Pinecrest is expensive. Miami Shores, also, expensive. Westchester? Notsomuch.

Miami = expensive.

Still cheaper than London though, right Jess?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    And depends on the suburb. Coral Gables is expensive. Pinecrest is expensive. Miami Shores, also, expensive. Westchester? Notsomuch.
    I'll give you Pinecrest...Gables is an old city and isn't a real 'burb in the classic sense. West Palm and Las Olas were around before Weston & Royal Palm Beach, and those are burbs in the classic sense.

Miami Shores is not a suburb - It runs off US-1 which is the major artery in Florida and just over the bridge from the ocean.

Westchester, Doral, Kendall, Miami Lakes are suburbs and you'll find A LOT more affordable (key word) rentals out there than Miami Beach, Downtown, Miami Shores, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234