Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Suzanne C

Hey flyingman....don't want you to think I'm ignoring you, it's just that I'm not familiar with Zip Realty.

And short of the occasional Craigslist Real Estate Insomnia session, I don't search much real estate.

How has you experience with them been?

Are you looking for other suggestions?

Preferred Member

Well, they seem to have a lot of listings with best format with photos and details of each property. They have sale trends, lots of info, etc...

Of course they try and hook you up with a realtor, which I'm not yet ready to do.

Just curious if anyone else had used them or not and what they thought of the website and service.

Preferred Member

Well, things are getting close to D-day for me. I will end my current job on 31 Aug and start my new job on 3 Sept, so that gives me all of like 2 days to get my things in order! I won't actually have to move to Miami until later in Sept.

---
    Edit: The following message started a new topic at: forums/viewthread/969/ by Gus - 7:15pm on Aug 15, 2007
    ---

Preferred Member

Latest update on the move! Movers will arrive next week so we should be arriving Miami on Monday 1 Oct, yea.... I still have no idea where I'm going to live. I need a corporate type apartment or condo for at least the first month or so. Still plan to buy something but I'm holding out for the Fed to make a few more drops in the prime rate, which they just dropped by a 1/2 point today! I think there will be more to follow. Subprime foreclosures keep rising at an accelerated rate. I am looking for a fire sale here folks.

You must be getting very excited! Don't stress yoursefl with the move; we know it can be hectic.

I am looking for a fire sale here folks.
    From what I see, there will be plenty of opportunities to find a fire sale.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Quote Originally Posted by flyingman
    I still have no idea where I'm going to live. I need a corporate type apartment or condo for at least the first month or so.
    Tito, there's a condo hotel building in Brickell called Fortune House that has short-term rentals. The building is located at 185 SE 14th Terrace. 1 bedrooms start at $1,350 and 2 bedrooms start at $1,750.

Preferred Member

I'll look. Without actually being there and seeing it, it is hard to pick one. I am also thinking that Coral Gables area might be a better location to work out while I am house hunting. Would you agree?

Gus

When you say "that Coral Gables area might be a better location to work out while I am house hunting" are you talking about going to the gym?

Preferred Member

Haha, that was funny Gus. I meant to be in a central location. Our new offices at 1221 Brickell will not be ready until Nov or so, so I'll be working from home and using a temporary office at a sister company in Kendall area, so I don't need to be near Brickell right away anyway.

That is what I meant.

Gus

Happy I made you laugh.

As for short term housing, I think there would be much more to choose from in Brickell and downtown Miami.

Coral Gables and Kendall are primarily known for having residential neighborhoods with single family houses.

Also, Brickell and Coral Gables are only a stones throw away from each other.

Preferred Member

Gus,

Wife and I found a nice place in Coconut Grove called the Commodore Inn at the Grove. 27 suites apart/hotel. Price was competitive with a hotel, with a full kitchen, balcony, and coconut grove out front. Anybody know this place? It looks like it will be convenient to base my self while house hunting. It looked good on the internet.

Gus

The Commodore Inn looks nice.

How much is the rent?

Can you stay month-to-month?

Preferred Member

It comes out to just about $100/night, which beats most hotel rates.

1 bedroom, full kitchen, balcony. I thought it looked like a good place to start getting familiar with Miami. They do month to month, or by the week or day.

Tito

Preferred Member

Folks, we haqve arrived! Wow, it freaking rains in Miami! I thought Houston was bad.

Imagine this, our moving truck calls us and he is lost, looking for our 1 br apartment in Coconut Grove, and he is over the 195 bridge in Miami Beach! So I head over to show him the way to where we are, and we go through this really nice island hopping neighborhood, only to come across a toll bridge, with a weight limit. Anyway, our furntiture enjoyed the scenic route through downtown and I seriously doubt the locals were really bothered by an 18 wheeler (Atlas Moving Van) cutting through the streets and all those red lights. Just another day for you guys!

And all he had were some clothes and our bicycles! The rest is in storage.

Now the house hunting begins.

Saludos,

Suzanne C

BIENVENIDOS TITO Y FAMILIA!

Look @ that, the furniture got a free tour!

I'm glad you chose the Grove location- my favorite. Make sure to take your little girl to Kennedy and Peacock Parks. Peacock is closer to you.

and yeah..I'm sorry you've been greeted by this friggin' monsoon we're having! We've been on a flood watch for two days...

Here's where I would usually insert some tasteless raft joke but it's late and I'm going to bed.

Once again, welcome home Tito.

Gus

Welcome to Miami, Tito. Glad you're all finally here.

Sorry about the storm, it doesn't usually rain like this unless we're having a hurricane.

Make sure to check out the CocoWalk outdoor mall.

My favorite restaurant in Coconut Grove is Greenstreet Cafe (3468 Main Hwy), they're open breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My favorite thing on their menu is the lamb and goat cheese burger.

If you happen to be a skater, there's also a little skateboard park down the street from the Mall.

Preferred Member

Our apartment is just down the block from the Green Street Cafe. We ate their last night, has salad and pasta and 1/2 off all wine on the first Monday of the month! It was a great 1st night in Miami.

Start work today near Dadeland Mall, so I'll let you know how that commute goes.

Once we get settled in we look forward to meeting some of you in 1st person.

Tito

Preferred Member

Hey, administrators. Let's close this Topic up, now that I have moved! I'm here.

I'll start a new one on my initial impressions of Miami, my house hunting endeavors, and other minutia, ought to be interesting. For some anyway.

Gus

We don't close topics, but you're more than welcome to start a new topic, or jump in an ongoing discussion.

Since you're quickly becoming our resident Coconut Grove expert, perhaps you might know of some cool places to eat, drink, and be merry in the Grove. ;-)

Stricklypleasure is visiting from Omaha.

We all look forward to hearing about your first impressions of Miami.

Hope you and the wife are having fun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123