Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Where should I live?

Hi. I will be relocating to Miami for a new job in early August. My work is in Coconut Grove, just off the Main Highway.

One place someone suggested is South Beach. I looked on Yahoo driving directions and it says it will take 23 mins to get from there to my job. Is that realistic?

I would like to live close to the ocean if possible. Is there a better place that might be closer to my work? I would be ok paying up to $1500/m if it's both close to work and a nice place.

Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I have only spent about 24 hours in Miami total and am from the Midwest.

Thank you!

Hi Alexander, Welcome to MiamiBeach 411!

Lucky you! What will your new job be in Miami?

If you decide to live in South Beach, you might like the newer high rises along West Ave or Alton that offer garge parking, elevator, doorman, dry cleaning drop-off, gym, pool, etc and are quiter than the older buildings in town. Your budget should allow for a large studio or one bedroom.

New User

Thanks! I am a high school math teacher. This is a great site, I just spent about 2 hours reading everything.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by sungal View Post
    Hi Alexander, Welcome to MiamiBeach 411!

Lucky you! What will your new job be in Miami?

If you decide to live in South Beach, you might like the newer high rises along West Ave or Alton that offer garge parking, elevator, doorman, dry cleaning drop-off, gym, pool, etc and are quiter than the older buildings in town. Your budget should allow for a large studio or one bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander311 View Post
    This is a great site, I just spent about 2 hours reading everything.

Alex
    Welcome to the Show, Alex

Alex, your best choice in my opinion is Brickell. It is very close to your job and you are always going against traffic.

Why not just live in the Grove?

Yeah, I agree with Carlos. The Grove is a lot of fun and you can get to the beach relatively quickly from there. Could also walk to work on nice days, and you can get a pretty nice place in the Grove in that kind of price range. The Beach is nice, but driving and getting around there is hectic, and the commute will on occasion be a serious pain if there is an accident or extreme weather. You gonna be at Ransom?

But dude, from the Midwest and only spend a few hours here? The words culture shock won't even begin to describe it. Since you have a job already, I won't try and dissuade you. But consider this living abroad, except we take dollars.

Living in the Grove will make the move much easier as the beach tends to get a little bit crazy... why not sign for 6 months somewhere near your work and you can always move after 6 months nearer to the beach if you want to.

Alex check your Private Msgs.

Regards