Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    New User

Default Re: Moving to Miami next month...need help!

Hello and congrats on your new job.
    I have an apartment on South Beach that I've been renting to an emergency room resident at Mt Sinai. He's moving out soon to take a job in California, and I'm looking to rent it to another young professional. It's a great apartment which is located directly on Lincoln Rd. Lincoln Rd is a walking mall which is full of cafes, restaurants, and runs 8 blocks down to the beach. It's a great building in a quiet residential area....it's right next to the Flamingo.....and it has an assigned parking spot which is a HUGE bonus when living on the beach. It would probably take you about 15-20 minutes to drive to Brickell. Downtown Miami has alot of new high rise building which have recently been built, however I want to live somewhere that I can go for a jog at night and not feel freaked out! South Beach is where you want to be!

Quote Originally Posted by jmbradburn View Post
    Good Evening Everyone.
    I am transferring to Miami next month for my job and have been trying to find a residence. I will be working downtown on Brickell...specifically near the 1000 block. Single male in late 20's really looking for 4 things. Security, Proximity to work, Price, Near plenty of activities....ie...jogging, beach, restaurants..etc. Price range is realistically $1000-$1500 per month. I have looked at Bay Parc Plaza, Met1 and The Ivy thus far...but is there anything closer to the beach or not downtown?? Coming from the Midwest so this is a major life change...wish me luck
    Thank you all in advance

Good Morning Everyone,
    So I am narrowing down my decision. Does anyone have any suggestions that would be similar to The Flamingo but maybe a tad cheaper and not as loud??
    Thank you

Any of the West Ave buildings are ok. How about the Mirador? They have 2 buildings, 8th and 10th and are meant to be good to live in.

Is the Flamingo the only Apt style living on South Beach? The rest all look like condos by private owners

jklei008

I sent you a message

New User

I sent you a message[/QUOTE]
    Most of South beach is apartment style living. My building is one block from the Flamingo on Lincoln Road. It's an 8 story building with a covered parking garage. Most of the people who live in the building are renting apartments, some are the private owners. It's def much quieter than The Flamingo, but still in a great location. If you're interested in taking a look at it you can call my tenant and he'll show you the place. Steve: 954 309 5956
    The rent is 1150.

If you're working form 9-5 in Brickell than don't let it bother you. I like to go to the beach for an hour or two whenever I can. Also, with the lovely Miami thunderstorms I'd hate to trek to the beach for 15 minutes and then have to leave.

It seems like you'll be hitting the beach on the weekends, so you can just take a cab, it would be maybe $7 or the local bus if you're prepared for the artic A/C. I think walking would be 15-20 minutes.

The Flamingo is located on the Bay side, so you are near water and have really pretty downtown Miami skyline views in the evening. Also, if you want sun during the week you can lay poolside.

The main draw for me was that it's well maintained and it's known to be a social building (Tiki bar on weekends)so I thought it would be a great place to meet people. If you want the more social building, then look in the rental building.

Would it be available next month? What is the name of the complex? I would need to look it up online first to view some pictures

Sungal,
    Are there any other Apts in the area that might be a little cheaper than Flamingo. I have read several reviews online that say its not worth the money and the maintenance is poor. I want to live in SOBE rather than Brickell so I am trying to find something in that area....apt preferably

New User

Yes it would be available next month. The building is called Golden House Condominiums. I think it may be posted on Craigs list with The title LINCOLN ROAD WITH PARKING I think it's listed for 1200. There are two pics so you can get a general idea. He may be able to leave it partially furnished if you want.

I wouldnt need it to be furnished

New User

I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem.

Has anyone heard good things about The Governor or Roney Palace?

Yes to both. The Rooney may be better, it is on the beach, as in literally and attached to The Ganservoort. As I understand it you can use their pool. It certainly is a high rise with full amenities.

The Governor is a much smaller 2 story building I think. 2 blocks back from the beach but no pool etc. It does have the advantage of being brand new.

Both are at the very top of SoBe, about a 10 minute walk to Lincoln Road.

Thank you Jess, my search is narrowing. Both of these are in my budget and seem like reputable places.

Thumbs up Re: Moving to Miami next month...need help!

Quote Originally Posted by jmbradburn View Post
    Has anyone heard good things about The Governor or Roney Palace?
    I am a big fan of the Roney.

one of our members, just purchased there.

As Jess pointed out, you can use the main Gansevoort pool but not the plunge pool. There is also a pool south of the building.

The entire property is in foreclosure, so there is some tension between condo association, hotel operators, master association, and banks, but I don't think that should affect you as a renter.

It is a bit north, but walkable to lincoln road for sure!

What about the Governor? I was about to use a company called Miami Apartment Locators to help me with the place

rk

Hope you're planning to visit and view the places before renting.

Additionally, some buldings have units in trouble that may be foreclosed, so check the specific unit you plan to rent to be sure it is not being foreclosed.

If you're signing a short term lease then ignore these comments.

Hi jmbradburn, welcome to the forums! I think SoFi is an excellent suggestion but I will have to beg to differ with everyone else on what constitutes a concrete jungle.

I call West Avenue "Beachhattan" because you're lucky if you can find a single tree on there. It is building after building after building. Actually save for the ocean or the bay (which you can only see when you're on it or from a balcony), and for the central area of South Beach near Flamingo park, which has some greenery, for the most part South Beach is one of the most congested, concrete jungles in Miami-Dade county. It is very urban right up to the ocean. Heck, if they could build ON the ocean they would. In some places, the sand is so eroded the strand is very slim between property and tide line.

Meanwhile Brickell, though it has many towering buildings, is one of the most gorgeous and green avenues in the city of Miami, lined with an amazing canopy of old trees that shade the wide avenue, which is actually one way north and one way south, with trees on the median as well. It is beautiful to jog on and is a stone's throw away from Key Biscayne, which has some beautiful beaches that are not surrounded by buildings.

Keep in mind, Brickell is set apart from Downtown by the Miami River and is close to some very lush areas in Coconut Grove. Downtown is definitely a concrete jungle -- Brickell, at eye level from the street -- is not. Miami Avenue, which is just behind Brickell, is full of historic homes and has incredible Royal Poinciana trees lining the median. When these are in bloom, it is a sight to behold.

Brickell Key, as UTS has suggested also has a beautiful bay walk.

I'm just letting you know, because if it's concrete jungle you want to avoid, West Avenue is even more so of that than Brickell. The Flamingo is a huge concrete monstrosity.

Maria,
    I appreciate your standpoint on this and thank you for the input. Would you say South Beach as a whole is like that or just West Avenue? I am looking at SOBE because of the beach and ability to walk or job to places. I am looking at the Governor and Roney Palace right now. My option on Brickell is Bay Parc Plaza.
    Josh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast