Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

We are moving to Midtown. Specifically because we liked the neighborhood feel, very dog friendly and includes gym and pool as perks.

Hi Josh,

Bay Parc Plaza is not in Brickell. It's just north of Downtown Miami and if you wanted walkability, I wouldn't recommend it. There's not much around there right now save for a couple of sandwich shops and pubs, but it's pretty much a ghost town at night. It is however right across the street from a nice park and skipping distance to the Venetian Causeway, which is a nice stretch of road for jogging. If you lived there you could take the metromover to work because it's walking distance to the station.

Brickell proper is everything south of the Miami River around Brickell Avenue until you hit Bayshore Drive around the entrance to Key Biscayne. The liveliest area is around Mary Brickell Village.

What is the address for the Governor? I know of the hotel by Collins Park, but not of an apartment building.

Roney Palace is right on the beach, as you know. If ocean and jogging is priority, that might be just right for you. It's pretty close to Lincoln Road, your closest area for shops, restaurants, etc; but not really "in" it. If you like walking or don't mind short cab rides, it's actually not a bad location as you're removed from some of the craziness of South Beach. But there aren't many little coffee shops or restaurants and that kind of thing immediately around the Roney, so you will have to hoof a little to get to those kinds of things.

When I mentioned that South Beach was not as "green" as Brickell I meant in general for the whole area that's waterfront as well as everything south of Mid-beach, including West Avenue, with the exception of Meridian Avenue and around Flamingo Park. Mid-beach is largely residential homes and is much greener. Everything up Collins Avenue is, like West Avenue, all buildings, buildings, buildings. You cannot appreciate the ocean at all unless you're on the beach itself. You can't even see the beach from the street.

Default Movin to Miami in July

Just wanted to post on this thread instead of making another one. I too am relocating to Miami but in July anyone know someone that is in need of help in the future? Because i need a job right when I get to Miami as well as a place to live which is the first reason why i joined this site.

Hi Reaper, actually it would be better if you started a new thread as your needs are different than Josh's. I noticed you started one here: http://forums.miamibeach411.com/relo...html#post69032

Everyone please help him with answers there and let's stay on topic here. Thanks.

Maria,
    Thank you for the information. The Governor is on 21st street around the 400 block. I like the looks of the Roney Palace but someone told me the whole complex is in Foreclosure which might be dangerous for a renter. It sounds like mid beach might be a nice area also, but I really just need names of places...so I can put them on my list to visit when I fly down

Hey there. What are you looking for exactly? My former apartment is available - huge 1 bedroom (850 sq ft with a terrace and little garden + pool!) on the waterway (not beach, but a creek off the intracoastal) with very lush tropical landscaping & private, gated parking. This is in a quiet condo 4 story condo building with established residents. It's perfect for a working professional. There are lots of conveniences nearby that you can walk to and Lincoln Road is only 2 miles south.

I only moved from there because of some life changes. I had dinner with my ex-landlord the other day and he told me it was still available. The apartment is in a great location ... near 41st street and Alton Road, stone's throw from Julia Tuttle causeway and walking distance to beach. If you are interested, let me know and I'll PM you the details.

By the way, if you lived in this apartment, your commute to downtown would be pretty easy.

Maria,
    That does sound very appealing. Here is what I am looking for essentially. I am in my late Twenties and single with no pets or children. I will be working downtown on Brickell at the 1000 block. So for me I would say top priorities are:

-something in budget: $1000-$1300 per month
    -security and not right in the middle of the party scene...but close if I want to go
    -ability to walk out of the complex and be able to walk or jog or bike to nearby activities....coffee, shopping, restaurants.
    -something kinda modern with a decent amount of sq footage
    -close proximity to work and the beach

I am probably going to fly down this coming saturday to look at different places

JM, while not "modern" this apartment sounds perfect for you! You can do all those things and have an easy commute to work. I used to say that my apartment was the best of both worlds because I was in a quieter part of Miami beach but a short drive/cab ride from the madhouse (everything south of 23rd street).

Trust me when I tell you this apartment is HUGE for your usual 1 bedrooms. It has tons of closet space and an enormous bedroom that faces a patio/terrace that is very relaxing. It's like living in a townhouse. There's nothing else like it on the beach. Again -- I only left because of things that were going on in my life ... not because I wanted to leave the apartment. There has been 1 more tenant since me and that's it. I left it impeccably clean.

If you want me to connect you with my ex-landlord, let me know. I think he may be renting it for $1000 but you'd have to work that out with him. He's a nice guy, by the way. And he'd want someone like you -- professional, working no kids or pets -- ideal tenant.

Maria,
    I would be interested in hearing more about this place. Could you pm the name of the place or some pictures? If that place didnt work out.....do you know any other places that fit the description of what I am looking for?

I just contacted him and I'll get back to you.

You should also contact my friend Joey at Empire Plumbing, a family-run business on the beach. He actually owns several apartments in South Beach and mid-beach that may work out for you if they are available now. Stellar, upstanding guy.

His properties are actually Empire Properties but when you call the number it will be plumbing company.

Tell him Maria sent you.

(305) 531-7017

Thank you Maria,
    I look forward to hearing back from your former landlord....and I will contact Empire
    Josh

Just sent you a PM with my ex-landlord's phone number. Good luck in your apartment hunting this weekend!

So for all the South Beach residents..........how long does it take to get to Brickell/Downtown on a daily basis? 15-20 minutes?

Josh

I'd say about that, however I have never done it in rush hour.

Josh, as the crow flies it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes actually. But in reality it's the local traffic & lights on the beach and the mainland that make it longer though 20 minutes is a fair estimate (but I've also never done rush hour). You should be able to breeze on the causeway there. Usually there's a bit of a jam coming to the beach because of the stop light for the Fisher Island Ferry right before the bridge. Once you get settled you can learn back roads to avoid traffic on the beach, depending on where you live.

I can't imagine a huge number of people working downtown from the beach though you never know. Most traffic is coming from the suburbs and via the expressway.

Looks like I might be moving to Biscayne Blvd around 20th......any information good or bad about this area? I also looked at several places in SOBE including the Flamingo

Are you considering one of the buildings by Margaret Pace park? The park is nice but there is not a heck of a lot going on around there at night and there are a few shops and cafés popping up on Biscayne, which used to be sketchy but is improving. The condos look nice around there but it's pretty much a ghost town at night.

You're very close to the metromover there, which is convenient if you work downtown or Brickell and the Venetian Causeway is a great place for a good run or jog.

Please keep us posted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123