Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default 16th St btwn Jefferson & N Michigan: any info?

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts last time I posted asking about a block. Based on your comments, I decided not to go for the place. This site has been invaluable in trying to find a place to live.

I seek your help again

This time I'm looking at a great place on 16th St between Jefferson and North Michigan. Again, I'm not going to rent it sight unseen or anything, but if anyone has any knowledge / insight / thoughts / musings they could share about this block / neighborhood, I would greatly appreciate it.

It doesn't come with a parking space, so I'm guessing parking is going to be tough, being so close to Lincoln Rd?

Thanks in advance.

Rachel

Yes, it is VERY close to Lincoln Road. Which is cool, but it makes parking downright near impossible. I mean, yes, it's a residential zone, but that doesn't help on a weekend. You could look into getting monthly parking at the Municipal Garage on 17th, but that's quite a walk.

The neighborhood is nice enough, though. Just lots of nice little apartment buildings populated with a potpourri of Beach people. So insofar as the atmosphere and safety and whatnot, it's nice. And, like I said, close to Lincoln. But parking is going to be a SERIOUS issue.

That's a nice area. As Matt says, parking is gonna be tough. But it shouldn't be as tough if you have a resident decal. The location to Lincoln Road will be nice for you if you have just moved.

It IS actually quite tough, even with a resident decal. I've attempted parking there many, many nights and spend 20 minutes looking through the residential areas. Seriously, if you're going to live there, you NEED a guaranteed space of some sort.

Hi Rachel!

I know someone who's living on 16th avenue in that vicinity right now who's complaining about the noise level. 16th has really heavy traffic as it's a major artery on South Beach. There's tons of traffic on there late nights and weekends.