Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Waverly condo in South Beach

ne1 kno any inside goss on this place? their rentals and unit cost prices are a lot lower than most condos in sth beach? anyone kno why? its a new complex so i cant see it being run down?? ne goss would be great

Exclamation another gr8 qessy

yo bob gr8 qes, dunno y most realtor put the kybosh on da waverly.

It has beacoup 4closures and shtsales and does not have the rep for havin all da stuff top tier condos have. Those are prob the maj reasons.

I think dares more butt nut sure.

(So Bob, I hope you don't mind my attempt to speak in your 'shorthand!'--How'd I do?)

Default Re: Waverly condo in South Beach

pretty awful :-) u dont need to short hand every word but i think that was your idea. will have to check out the ammenities etc but only thing i can think is that either the hoa fees are too high or because there is so many units in the complex there is great competition for sales and rentals driving the prices down. its supposedly the tallest accom building in miami???

Guys, seriously, can't read either of those posts.

The Waverly is a really nice building. 14th and West with the big clock on the side right? I am surprised it is so cheap, I actually thought it was one of the more expensive high rises on the beach. It certainly is one of the nicest ones.

One of our former forum members brought a condo there and she seemed to be happy and I knew someone who used to live there. It is a very nice building at an excellent location, but I can't give you any details on the real estate issues.

Are you looking to buy?

Question Wazzup wit dat?

Bob, bummer! Anyways, its unclear to me why the prices are relatively low. RK always talks about the website, CondoReports.com - Miami Condos, Miami Condominiums, Miami Foreclosures, Miami Condos for Sale, Miami Condo Rentals. They have a 'score' reflecting the health of a building. The waverly is 26 meaning it is better off than only 26% of all the condos in Miami dade. I believe it is based on foreclosures, short sales, absentee ownership, etc. You should check out that site as it is loaded with useful information,

With the above being said, there seems, at least to me, to be a relator bias against many of the buildings on Alton/West ave. Why, I do not know but the larger buildings there seem to be treated as poor 'cousins' of the other areas and the is reflected in the price.

Good advice is, if possible, grab a short term lease and see how it is for you!

Lookin forward to more tips on the bobspeak!

I asked a realtor friend of mine for some "goss" on the Waverly.

its biggest down fall is high hoa fees ive been told. not as high as the flamingo etc but you still pay 850 a month in hoa for a 2 bedder. will drive the purchase price down and due to so many units in the complex the choices are wide in both sales and rent hence driving prices lower again. one of the best resonably priced complexs with very low hoa is the mirador. anyone kno anything about that place??? more expensive but hoa under 500s is great for a new complex

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    Are you looking to buy?
    yes lookin to buy

Lightbulb goss down mirador way

Bob,

What I have heard about the mirador is as follows:

It is a condo-conversion---that means (as I'm sure you know) that the building used to be a rental building--codes are different for rentals---some feel they are not as tough as new condo construction--so thinner walls, etc. It may also make it more difficult to get a loan.

The buildings have a more transient population. It is loud inside.
    I think the above was due to many rentals, including renting out large apt to be dorms for models. This many not be an issue (iss in bobspeak?) for you.

The modrian used to be mirador, the group that owns the shore club and delano put lots of money in it and it seems to be doing well. Nice neighbor!

If you check it out, tell us what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
    ne1 kno any inside goss on this place? their rentals and unit cost prices are a lot lower than most condos in sth beach? anyone kno why? its a new complex so i cant see it being run down?? ne goss would be great
    There are condos and then, there are CONDOS!
    Some of the West Ave Corridor condos are less expensive for a few reasons: transient traffic (tons of rentals), high maintenance fees which are not reflective of amenities and upkeep of actual building, and the fact that you can't get financing because of delinquency rates.

I just did a search for The Waverly and there are 6 listings ranging from $237,000 for a 1 bedroom / 1 bath short sale ($634/month maintenance) to $685,000 for a 2/2 (approx $909 maintenance). Hope that helps.

Thanks for stopping by Ines and giving us some good 'goss'

yeah been on condo reports website and broused but inside knowledge or someone that has lived there is usally the best info. usually a realtor will have all the goss on whats hot and whats not so i was hoping to here from one that was going to try and push a sale onto me but give me an honest answer

Croat, Miamism is just such a realtor, that's why I asked her to post here. You should contact her. She is a friend of mine and won't be pushy. She could definitely orient you. Miami Beach Real Estate Resource

oh ok. sweet az. will do!