Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Miami Car Insurance: What the hell?

The unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm of the Miami Galaxy

Default Re: Miami Car Insurance: What the hell?

I asked. There is only a mandatory insurance against you as driver hitting a pedestrian, and it is a whopping US$ 25 per year. Y-E-A-R.

All the rest is voluntary, and still very cheap compared to the US, likely because there is no claim culture.

The driving is horrendous, especially the motorbikes that honk their way in between five narrow lanes of slow traffic at 30 mph. But I have not seen any accident yet, not even the cleaning up afterwards.

Dutchie

I must reply with one word....."PROGRESSIVE"....... I had Geico, with an almost flawless record....and when i lived in the Keys.....my premium on my 2008 camry was $98 a month.....moved to Miami...it jumped to $240 a month.....had time to look further and look around....and now im paying $100 less....

MiamiChiwi, I had the opposite situation, saved about $100 from switching from Progressive to Geico...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    \ But I have not seen any accident yet, not even the cleaning up afterwards.

Dutchie
    I have seen a TON of accidents. Even small fender benders are annoying here because they don't try to pull off the road. The driving culture here seems to not have an emphasis on moving your car to the side of the road if you get an accident or your car dies. It seems much more likely here to just block a whole lane of traffic with your emergency lights on. Super annoying, but I see the cops do it too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345