Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default 1000 sft 2 bed room apartment in Miami Beach?

Hi guys, I was wondering if its even possible to find such an animal. How about an open plan space?

thanks

German

Suzanne C

Hi computer guy!

Wowie, 1000 SQ ft in Miami Beach, let me know if you find something as I'm itching to move from the river! DISCLAIMER: MOSQUITOES

All joking aside, it might be a little tough but I have seen some nice places on craigslist. You're best off just driving around as any place like that would be grabbed within an hour of being listed on a site/in a paper.

My bet would be to look away from SoBe...but Gus and Michelle are the MB experts! Hopefully Gus has some better advice.

Sorry...

Hi computer guy - welcome!

Gus and I last lived in South Beach in an 850sq ft. 1 bedroom. I would think a 1,000 sq ft. 2 bedroom wouldn't be that difficult to find.

However, be aware of the new/renovated construction. Many of those buildings decided to turn studios into 1-bedrooms and 1-bedrooms into 2-bedrooms, without adding any square footage; just because they can get more money with more bedrooms.

As Suzy mentioned, keep your eyes peeled on Craig's List.

Are you thinking of renting or buying?

New User

Hi Michelle i am thinking of renting for now.are there any areas to avoid? will i pay a premium for a condo vs a remodeled older building? it seems that $2 a square foot is the going rate from the adds i have gleamed on and off craigslist.

thanks

The remodeled older buildings have been converted to condos also. Since they may not have the amenities that some of the larger, newer buildings have, such as a swimming pool, views, a gym, and parking, you should be able to find a better deal.

If the prices are going for $2/sq ft. prices have sure increased. When you put it that way, it got me thinking. About 2.5 - 3 years ago, I was paying $1 per sq ft.

No areas to really avoid. I like the area around Flamingo Park in South Beach. The stretch I recommend is 7th - 14th St. or 1st - 4th St.

However, in Miami Beach (further North), there are better deals to be had.

Tell us a little about yourself.

What type of work do you do?

Will you have a car?

New User

Hi Michelle,

My name is German I work in the cruise industry,I am carless at the moment but will be getting one soon.Getting around in miami seems okay with public transport as long as you are near or around us1 it seems the beach is equally accessible.

thanks