Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Question about bank accounts and cellphone plans

Hi, I am moving tomorrow to miami I hope someone can answer to me before tomorrow :P. I would like to know if somebody happens to know what are the requirements for opening a new checking account (I am just arriving, so my SS number will take some days) Can I open an account w/o a SS number?.

I found MetroPCS the carrier that fits my needs (free int'l calls plus BlackBerry plans) what papers do I need in order to acquire a line? In advance Thank you

phone if its prepaid u dont need anything except cash. bank depends on the bank. chase did open an acc for me until i got my social. took about 3 weeks get get my social.

rk

Most banks will let you open an account without a social security number, just tell them you don't have one.

I definitely needed a SSN at my bank. In fact, it was weird as he told me which state my SSN was from (they know from the number apparently.) So yes, I remember needing a social.

Phones, you don't if you buy pre pay.

I skimmed through this article a bit, and it seems possible to open an account without a social security: How to Open a Bank Account Without Social Security Number (SSN)? | Bank Accounts | Fair Loan Rate!

not that this thread has anything to do with MetroPCS but they suck. I was sending texts at 6pm that my friends would get at 3am and wake them up. After a fight with MetroPCS and the help of the FL State Attorney General. I got all my $ back for my phone and their crappy service. If you want a cheap, unlimited cell phone with decent coverage as good as MetroPCS for about $8 more a month go with Straight Talk. You can buy the phones and plans at any Walmart or online. They use the Verison network's towers Im told. Good luck