Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Working in Financial District - Living in Key Biscayne

Hello,

My family and I are due to arrive in Miami in February - just heard the news in the last few days.
    I'll be working in the financial district and want to live within easy commuting distance; at the moment it takes me less than 20 minutes from door to door; I'd really like to maintain that sort of quality of life.

We have young children and would like them to attend good quality schools.

We are in the fortunate position of working for a multi-national; as such, we have generous allowances to rent a house and educate our children.

Some rapid research in the last few days has led us to believe that Key Biscayne might make sense.
    I wonder if some advice could be given please as to suitable areas to live that have a short commute.
    We are looking to live in a family house rather than an apartment.

Thanks to all for your comments.

I'm assuming you mean Brickell Avenue when you say the financial district. And yes, Key Biscayne would be perfect if you can afford it.

It's very close. Once you cross the bridge from the key, all you need to do is make a right and you're on Brickell.

And Key Biscayne is a nice little community. And it wouldn't take longer than 20 minutes to commute.

Other close neighborhoods are Coconut Grove and Coral Gables, the latter which is a little further out, but won't take you more than 30 minutes in traffic to get to Brickell, less when there is no traffic.

Key Biscayne is a nice community if you own a boat because many homes are right on the water.

But if you're into nightlife or restaurants, it can be pretty dead. There's not much there after the sun drops.

Coral Gables and Coconut Grove, on the other hand, have a decent nightlife of restaurants and bars. The Gables has better selection and better quality restaurants.

The Key is nice but I personally think it's a little isolated, which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

I personally prefer to live in the mix of things.

There's also the Roads Section, which is real close to Brickell and worth checking out.

New User

Thumbs up Re: Working in Financial District - Living in Key Biscayne

Many thanks Carlos,

Very kind of you to respond so swiftly.

Much appreciated,

Lever