Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    Evi
    New User

Post Looking for a roommate in Miami Beach

I (31, single female) need a short term lease furnished apartment/studio or a roommate (3months) my budget is up to 1100$/month but for sharing an apartment max. 800$.
    I am from Germany and want to come to Miami Beach at the end of November 2010 (30.11.2010-26.02.2011). Its so hard to find a furnished studio or a room for only 3 months and this budget
    so is it better to look for a room when i am there in miami beach?
    how can i be sure i can trust the peope or how long would it take me to find something when i start searching after i arrived there
    (and please sorry for my english, my understanding is better than my speaking or writing)

Default Re: looking for a roommate in miami beach

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    I (31, single female) need a short term lease furnished apartment/studio or a roommate (3months) my budget is up to 1100$/month but for sharing an apartment max. 800$.
    I am from Germany and want to come to Miami Beach at the end of November 2010 (30.11.2010-26.02.2011). Its so hard to find a furnished studio or a room for only 3 months and this budget
    so is it better to look for a room when i am there in miami beach?
    how can i be sure i can trust the peope or how long would it take me to find something when i start searching after i arrived there
    (and please sorry for my english, my understanding is better than my speaking or writing)
    Hi Evi--I think your budget is realistic but your timing is challenging. Not impossible, but more difficult because we are entering the "high season". If you want to stick to your budget, you may have to look outside the South Beach area....if you want to be in Miami Beach, I would start looking in Mid or North Miami Beach. Craig's List is probably your best option...but just be careful of scams. I found a fantastic furnished condo right in South Beach for a great price....on Craig's List. BUT, I looked for a long time and I was living down here so I could look at places easily. And when I found the "right" place, I jumped on it because I knew it was perfect...I knew the rental market really well. For a 3 month period, I think the most realistic option is a roommate scenario. Can you trust people? That's difficult. Before you sign anything, ask them a lot of questions. Even better, have a couple of Skype conversations so you can "meet" them on the computer/video. It will give both people a better feel for whether it will work out or not. Don't send any money in advance and don't pay a security deposit until you get here. Another option, is to stay in a cheap hotel or hostel for one week and look for a place for that week. I think you would have the most success doing that. Those are my thoughts. P.S. Your English is just fine.