Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Working at Dave and Buster's?

I'm a recent college grad , I am moving to the area permanently soon and have been looking for a serving job before I start looking for a job in my field. I'm thinking about taking a job at D&B at the Dolphin mall, and I was wondering if anyone knows what it's like working there. I haven't been yet, I was put in touch with the manager through an acquaintance of mine. I am also looking to make some new friends down there which is why

I want to start out serving, would this be a good place for this? I have one friend down there already and she said because of where it is you'll probably find a lot of "miami boys" whatever that means.

Hey Spydr,

I know Michelle really likes D&B. You should take the server job. I've never been but it sounds like a fun place to work. In this job market, you can't be too picky so take it and see how it goes.

What's the field you eventually want work in? I think your friend is referring to local boys.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, Spydr, welcome to Miami Beach 411.

Sorry, I don't know anything about working at Dave & Buster's, but I do suggest getting a job as quickly as possibe, and to continue looking, while you train.

It seems easier to find a job, when you already have one.

Good luck!

I worked at D&B at Dolphin Mall as a server!!!!

Tips SUCKED. It's a LOT of older, Latin people who tend to tip around 10%. Even the younger Latin people tip around 15%. Compared to a lot of other places in Miami where you get around 18-20. A lot of more-recent immigrants in the area, and not a lot of money floating around. Take it if it's the only job you can get, but you will not make 10% of your sales after tipout.

New User

Default Re: Working at Dave and Buster's?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    I worked at D&B at Dolphin Mall as a server!!!!

Tips SUCKED. It's a LOT of older, Latin people who tend to tip around 10%. Even the younger Latin people tip around 15%. Compared to a lot of other places in Miami where you get around 18-20. A lot of more-recent immigrants in the area, and not a lot of money floating around. Take it if it's the only job you can get, but you will not make 10% of your sales after tipout.
    Agree, any restaurant that's around a touristy mall and any chain restaurant will get this type of crowd so your job turns into a turn and burn numbers game more than a quality of work/customer service thing.

The good thing though is that it'll get your foot into the door of classier places with better clientele "especially" if you network with your coworkers. When they leave for better pastures or you make friends with their friends who did the same that's the easiest way into the better restaurants.

Or make friends with the bartenders and have them teach you.