Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rk

Default Re: Owning a convertible in Miami- practical?

Quote Originally Posted by fredgarvin View Post
    Yes you are rk!

Yes you are!
    Haha, Fred, I am speechless! You must have seen me out on Ocean Drive weekends. I like to crank it up loud.

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    My other ride-- '61 Impala (of course) whitewalls, not lo pro.

http://highlandpark.files.wordpress....arkcarshow.jpg

Very nice rk!
    Last edited by fredgarvin; 12-09-2010 at 03:04 PM.

What about a sunroof? Good compromise?

GET ONE!!

I have had a convertible Audi for little over 6 months now and I LOVE IT! Yes, my insurance went up quite alot, but you can call your insurance company before you buy the car you have in mind and they should be able to give you an idea of how much it will go up.

I have the top down alot..I got caught in the rain once on a highway, but it really wasn't the end of the world! I also have long hair and throw it up when I put the top down and it doesn't really get too messy (surprisingly)..

One of my friends also had one and just got rid of it, she now says she really misses it..BUT..she did have to park hers on the street and the roof got slashed..I have had mine parked on the street alot but never had any problems.

Everyone will have different preferences...if you want one...buy one..like everything there will be downsides (higher insurance, risk of roof damage) but they are alot of fun to drive.

Shelly

Default convertible....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, you will love it.

I moved here from Atlanta in 2009 with my little convertible sportscar! And I drive my crossfire all year around top down, unless it rains when I leave the house! I have long hairs and put them together with a stick or a pen. Make sure you have your hairbrush in the car....once at destination you need to brush your hair , unless you put a hat on (might fly away . My insurance (GEICO) went up only 70 bucks (6 months quote) and I am financing my car! , other insurance companies I inquired wanted more than 600 bucks (6 month) on top of what I was paying in Georgia, even the Floridians!! So be smart and check around!
    When it starts raining while you drive you can most of the time see it coming. With a blue sky there is no rain! Of course it is hot, especially in the slow traffic. But I refresh my suntan and I have AC in the car.....just in case!
    I love my convertible here in Miami, because you actually see the sun, the blue sky, the palms........and it feels awesome! BTW when it rains while you are driving, most of the time you don't even get wet, unless you drive slower than 50 miles per hour or because it really pours down. Than I just take an exit and stop to close my top. Until now it happened only 1 time, figure!
    So come with a convertible, you won't regret it!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12