Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default What are the best areas to live with children?

Hello,

I am starting my research on what life could be like under the nice FL sun! However, the one and most important thing for me is the education of my children and the environment in which they will grow up.

We run a small business from home, so proximity to work and commute are no issues at all. Most important thing on our list are the school systems and a child-friendly and safe community. Proximity to hospitals, farmacies, supermarkets etc. are also important.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Sahm.

Hi Sahm, Welcome to MiamiBeach411!

I'm not that knowledgeable in the department of quality neighborhood schools but there are a few nice towns I know of that most likely have great schools.

Do a bit of research on: Pinecrest and Palmetto Bay if you want a suburban neighborhood feel. Or look into South of Fifth area of Miami Beach at South Pointe Elementary school.

I'm sure others will have more suggestions.

I agree with Christy -- I think you would be best off in Pinecrest or Palmetto Bay. If you'd like more of a pulse than you find in suburbia, try Coral Gables and South Miami. That said, Miami isn't a particularly family-friendly place to live. It's kind of like a film noir movie...

Yeah, if you are dead set on Miami, then Pinecrest and P-Bay are the places to be. But if you want to raise kids, I think better for you to look in Broward and Palm Beach counties. Areas like Wellington, Coral Springs, Boca Raton, Hollywood and Weston are all much more family-friendly than anywhere in Dade County.

I had heard that Hollywood is not a good place to raise kids, that it is kinda ghetto as far as schools go. Not sure where I heard that.

I think if work proximity is not an issue-and you have some money I would go for Coral Gables. I love it there, but its a bit far for my husband's work and the houses seem to be more then we can afford. Again, as a mother, I would consider that area if it was an option.

+1 What Matt Said ...

My 2 Cents: Hobie Sound - Excellent Family Community ... or Sarasota.
    Last edited by Jon Walters; 12-16-2010 at 12:42 AM.

New User

Default Re: What are the best areas to live with children?

Thank you all for the great input! I am totally flexible as to where in the sunshine state i live... with the exception to priximity to an airport... That's why i thought of miami, it's a big hub with a lot of direct flights to many destinations. We have family abroad we would visit once in a while. I will start looking into the various neighborhoods you suggested.
    THANK YOU!
    Regards,
    Sahm.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Default Re: What are the best areas to live with children?

Quote Originally Posted by sahm View Post
    Thank you all for the great input! I am totally flexible as to where in the sunshine state i live... with the exception to priximity to an airport... That's why i thought of miami, it's a big hub with a lot of direct flights to many destinations. We have family abroad we would visit once in a while. I will start looking into the various neighborhoods you suggested.
    THANK YOU!
    Regards,
    Sahm.
    Look in the Rio Vista Isles area of Fort Lauderdale. Excellent public schools.

I've heard Hobe Sound and Sarasota are great if you never want to do anything. Past that, I'd find it hard to recommend anywhere in Martin or St. Lucie counties.