Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Living in the Coral Way area?

Im thinking i might have found a mid point area im interested in.....

First, the location of the Baptist hospital I may be working, if...they make an offer, is North Kendall, and 162 SW..will probably be working 3, 12 hr shifts, 12p---12 am....so hopefully i won't be spending too much time in my car commuting......

So, thinking I would like the Coral Way area......wondering if it would be possible for a short-term lease available in any condos in that area.....i want short term at first to make sure im not locked in 1 yr lease in case i don't like it.

And again....i may consider a short-term lease in Kendall for a while......

Any advice, response......of course is greatly appreciated!

Kendall and 162 Ave is still way the hell out there. That's almost at the end of civilization considering Krome Avenue, the last existing street when you drive west on Kendall, is 177 Ave. There is nothing but swamp after that.

Coral Way is a great area and if you're driving against traffic, the trip can be time-consuming but not as hellish as it would be if you're going with traffic.

There are plenty of condos on Coral Way but I don't know off-hand if any offer short term lease. I'm sure they do, I just haven't asked around.

If you have any more specific questions about Coral Way, let me know because this is my neighborhood.
    Last edited by Carlos Miller; 01-02-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Default Re: I wanna check out Coral Way.....:)

Thanks Carlos......well.........im still in the running for a position at West Kendall, but I have expressed interest in other areas, as well.....seems like I will just have to keep checking in with them.

And so far, from what I have read lately, especially the post u suggested about Coral Way Corridor, the more i want to check that area out, seems like just my type of neighborhood.

Right now, I am paying about $1300 a month for 650 sq feet, washer/dryer...oh,, it is unfurnished.....so...im hoping if i can get a condo/apt in the Coral Way area, mayb I can swing $900-1200 or so....and, I do have my small dog, 4.5 lbs, 2 small cats....all of them which are housetrained, clean...and I can provide excellent references if needed....

Would hope for a gym too....but I have noticed that facilities that offer gym membership and parking....even for about 1300 to 1500 a month, that is not too bad of a deal, cause gym membership in Key West is 150 for a decent one...and im paying month to month......and from what I've read.....parking is a biooootttch.....in many areas of Miami...

Anyway, I won't know anything for sure about this job for a couple of weeks.......and if hired, wont start until March.....

So, Thanks Carlos, for your time and I would love any suggestions.

Camille

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller View Post
    Kendall and 162 Ave is still way the hell out there. That's almost at the end of civilization considering Krome Avenue, the last existing street when you drive west on Kendall, is 177 Ave. There is nothing but swamp after that.

Coral Way is a great area and if you're driving against traffic, the trip can be time-consuming but not as hellish as it would be if you're going with traffic.

There are plenty of condos on Coral Way but I don't know off-hand if any offer short term lease. I'm sure they do, I just haven't asked around.

If you have any more specific questions about Coral Way, let me know because this is my neighborhood.

Don't underestimate the awfulness of that commute, though. Carlos is right, the Coral WAy corridor is a really great area. But you'll be driving an hour each way to work. That's not fun. Honestly, if you get a job all the way out there, you are best served to live in Kendall. Even like the Dadeland area would not be nearly as horrendous a drive. A bad commute in Miami will completely ruin the experience for you.

Default Re: Living in the Coral Way area?

Hi Matt

You are right....and I am probably going to check out Dadeland....and areas closer to the Hospital, if, and when the opportunity arises.....

One thing, I have to say, is,i made a comment on my Linked in profile and have got several replies from realtors offering assistance through a group there....and, am appreciative of the advice.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Don't underestimate the awfulness of that commute, though. Carlos is right, the Coral WAy corridor is a really great area. But you'll be driving an hour each way to work. That's not fun. Honestly, if you get a job all the way out there, you are best served to live in Kendall. Even like the Dadeland area would not be nearly as horrendous a drive. A bad commute in Miami will completely ruin the experience for you.

Yeah, def go through the realtors. Much better than Craigslist.