Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Smile Living north of South Beach, any thoughts?

Hey guys, how are you? Hope everyone is doing well! I was curious what the area was like north of south beach between 63rd and 71st. I've been looking for apartments and they seem affordable in that area on the beach or close to it. Any thoughts on that area? One in particular that i particularly liked was on 900 bay drive...any and all thoughts and recommendations would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance.

K

The area itself is fine. Nice beach area. Not a whole lot in terms of shopping or restaurants or nightlife or anything, but in terms of safety and quality of life otherwise it's fine. Very residential and pleasant.

On Bay Drive you won't be near the sand though. Like a short drive or long walk, but you ain't stepping out your front door and landing on the sand. The other downside there is it can take you a while to get off the Beach. Like the main causeway in there will be 195 (Tuttle) which lets you off on 41st street. So you'll have 20 blocks of stop and go street driving (Miami Beach has a ton of lights so street driving is occasionally infuriating). But if you don't mind that it's a much more affordable living location than South Beach.

New User

Default Re: Living north of South Beach, any thoughts?

Matt, thanks so much for the response. I did see that you also responded on the other thread, thanks for that too. I appreciate the important details you included too.