Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

After looking it up, the plan called for charging $8 per car entering the city south of 86th. I heard about this over a year ago. The $20 amount I remembered applied to trucks.

NYC gets federal backing for new $8-per-car fee | Reuters

Shannon, you can't seriosuly be suggesting a public transportation system not allow people on if the seats are full. Could you imagine how many people would end up waiting for buses for hours during peak times?
    Yup! That's what I'm suggesting. That's how it was in the city I lived in. If the bus didn't have a seat left it just passed you and you had to wait another 30 min for a bus! I am suggesting howeer, that if they double the price of the SoBe local bus they should make the busses come every 6 min instead of every 12 (have more busses) so if you have to miss one u dont wait that long for the next. I think at the very least they shouldn't let people on if there is no room to even stand. That SoBe local gets so packed that people are literally sitting on the dash board and people can barely move to get on or off. Its horrible sometimes.

But they;re raising the price because they don't have money to run it. Making more trips would kinda negate the fund raising effort, wouldn't it?

Default Re: 50 Cent / South Beach Local Bus

Well maybe the city shouldn't waste so much money elsewhere if they can't afford it :p Hell raise it to 75 cents, at least you will have a trip where you are not licking the dashboard :p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12