Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Winn-Dixie Fuel Perks ... worth it with high gas prices?

So Winn-Dixie Supermarket has launched a new program where you get 5 cents off the gallon at any participating Shell station for every $50 you spend at WD every month. (You start at zero on the 1st of the month). In order to get this perk, you need to sign up for a rewards card. (If you had a rewards card in the past, you still need to sign up for a new one.)

My folks and I have already spent over $150 which means I get 15 cents off my next fill up, up to 20 gallons. Trouble is, Shell tends to be more expensive ... especially the one here near me in Coral Gables, though if I filled up today, my gas would be $3.60 with the discount.

I didn't know this, but I heard Dade County has extra tax on gas. Broward stations are cheaper. I might just have to plan on filling up in Broward, which if I did so today, would bring me down to about $3.35 a gallon or less.

Is anyone else using the card? I know a lot of people don't like Winn Dixie, but you can't beat the rewards card. Today I saved nearly ten bucks on my personal groceries on items that were not overpriced to begin with, and then I get the fuel perks.

Wait, you have other reasons to be in Broward, right? Because the drive from South Miami to Broward eats up enough gas to negate the difference in price, assuming you drive a normal car.

That's a good program. And if there was a Winn Dixie near me I'd probably do it. But unless you're in South Miami or West Kendall, the only WDs are in pretty awful areas. Like not even worth it for the rewards card.

Oh yes! I go to Broward typically once a week, so I can strategize.

There is a nice Winn Dixie on Key Biscayne but obviously that's no good unless you live there.

Another way to save pennies on gas is buying a Walmart gift card. You save 3c per gallon at their station. Another good idea that serves no purpose in Miami.

They just closed the Winn Dixie near my place in CFL. I would have probably of made use of it.

Oh boy, but Walmart is either in Hialeah or Homestead ... not good or worth the 3 cents.

Been to the Walmart in Homestead.

Don't go to the Walmart in Homestead.

Not worth it. Not at all.

<--- MB411's #1 Homestead Hater

Preferred Member

Since you are talking about buying gas here, I thought that those of you who shop at Publix may be happy to get this heads-up. This starts tomorrow in FL since Publix changes its weekly ads there on Thursdays. For many parts of the country where the weekly ads are changed on Wed, it starts today.

Here's the deal:
    If you purchase $25 worth of groceries at Publix, you can buy a gas card worth $50 for only $40 from its Gift card center. So, for more details, check out the Publix weekly ads online tomorrow for your local store and print out the coupon. I suppose the store should also have the weekly ads at the door. The oupon will be valid until March 16.

Interesting! Looks like Publix is jumping on the bandwagon too. Thanks for the heads up.

So that coupon expired today? That'll teach me to check this stuff sooner....