Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Looking for a Summer Sublet/Short-term Rental in Brickell

Hey there,

So I will be living in Miami from May to August for school and I'm having the worst time trying to find somewhere to live! I'm looking for a one bedroom furnished apartment in the downtown brickell area and it just seems like many of the available places are not open to short term leases. Not to mention I'm having a horrible time getting people to actually email me back with information.

At this point |I don't even know where to look anymore. I've been checking craigslist but so far no one has gotten back to me. I've used a bunch of sites and have gotten minimal response, most of the responses being "no short terms". I even found a realtor to help me but everything she's found has been over my price range and when I ask her to look for something cheaper, she says there's nothing which I find hard to believe because through those websites where I never got a response from there a bunch of places that seem affordable.

At this point I think I'm just going to move there and try and find a place when I get there because I'm so frustrated with the search!

Any advice on where to look for rentals would be really appreciated!
    Last edited by Doug; 03-27-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Preferred Member

Hi,

Have u tried finding a place via UM's off-campus housing website? There might be more opportunities for summer term leases or sub-leases.
    https://public.cgcent.miami.edu/off-...sing/index.htm

https://www6.miami.edu/housing/pdfs/...g_03242010.pdf

Off-Campus Apartment Complex Listings | University of Miami

There are a lot of people who leave town in the summer. Have you tried the craigslist sublet/temporary housing ads? Or maybe you could be a housesitter. You could also try posting a sublet wanted ad on craigslist. Just beware of scammers.

Well the problem is Brickell is more of a residential, long term area..so no short term because the high rises probably don't allow it, and no furnished because it's not really a vacation destination.

If you want furnished and short term you'll find plenty of that in SoBe. Although even in SoBe most landlords prefer a one year lease..but you can negotiate.

I bet some of those Brickell people go back to their home countries in the summer and might consider subletting their condo, or at least having someone housesit for them. You just don't want to get into another Monica Brown situation!

New User

Thanks for the links.

I'm going to keep looking on craigslist, the sublets that have been put up have just been hard to get a hold of. I think I'm better of waiting until April at least to find a sublet, there will hopefully be more that'll open up.

SoBe seems easier to find a short term, but I would prefer to be on the mainland to avoid extra traffic since I'll be busy with classes and hospital rotations.

And I will definitely be on guard for scammers!

Traffic will probably not be a big issue living on South Beach. I found that most of the rush hour crowd is driving into the city from Kendall or down from North Miami. South Beach is actually pretty convenient for commuting.

I've rented summers in Brickell twice, actually.

Your best bet? Facebook. UM students advertise their apartments there all the time. That's where I found both my rentals, both good deals.

Avoid craigslist like the plague. All scams here.

New User

Default Re: Looking for a Summer Sublet/Short-term Rental in Brickell

Matt:

Any specific Facebook pages? How about FIU? I'm in the same boat with needed a sublet.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    I've rented summers in Brickell twice, actually.

Your best bet? Facebook. UM students advertise their apartments there all the time. That's where I found both my rentals, both good deals.

Avoid craigslist like the plague. All scams here.

Default Re: Looking for a Summer Sublet/Short-term Rental in Brickell

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to check out FIU associated facebook pages as well, but if you are specifically looking at Brickell, UM pages are the way to go.