Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Would you move to Miami?

Did you just rename yourself after a horse race, Foti?

Yeah, I actually know a good number of Hispanics who are infuriated by ones who do not speak English. They are generally educated, professional working people who have learned the language and expect others to do the same. And not leaving your "comfort" zone massively infuriates and inconveniences other people. So it is, in fact, quite inconsiderate.

By "forcing the issue" I mean generally just not doing business with anyone who's not going to speak English to me. Money talks. As UTS said, the good jobs are going to other metros in this state for a reason. The kids I knew at UF who graduated, maybe 3 or 4 moved to Miami for jobs after school. Grossly outnumbered by those going to Tampa Bay, Orlando and Atlanta. That should tell us something.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Default Re: Would you move to Miami?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Don't underestimate it. I mean, make your choice however you like, but the cultural and language barrier is a big reason why people don't last 2 years.
    I think I can live with that in that I am comfortable living outside my comfort zone.

For the record, I plan on learning Spanish beyond asking for a beer and the bathroom.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Default Re: Would you move to Miami?

Just wanted to let everyone know that my husband's company is moving us to the West Coast of Florida for the time being! I'll try and make it over for the next get together. We have to be in Sarasota by January first so I'll see you guys soon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123