Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Has anyone worked with the company Renters Paradise?

Hey again,

Have any of you guys rented from http://rentersparadisemiami.com/default.aspx ? Or heard anything about them? They seem to have great prices all over but lots of bad reviews online... bait and switch masters or good decent company?

rk

I am not familiar with that site, but they just seem to be listing places that are in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). A lot of places do that, and are better known. For example:

http://realtor.com/
    http://hotpads.com/

(The realtor.com site is usually the most up to date). If you're new to the Miami rental market I suggest you talk with a realtor and have them suggest places to you. In most cases the landlord pays the realtor fee so it costs nothing. You are still free to locate other places (which may be rented outside the MLS) by yourself.

I took a look at the cities available in their dropdown menu. It seems like they don't cover downtown, Brickell, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove or South Miami and other areas. They miss quite a large chunk of Miami-Dade.

I remember using a service like this a while back. I don't remember if it was Renter's Paradise or not, but it was bait-and-switch in that it required me to go to an office, fill out an application and then drive around all day to apartments with an agent.

The apartments I wanted to see were somehow "no longer available" even though they were listed, but I couldn't find that out until I actually went to the office.

It seems though that today you can fill out the application and set up appointments online, so that might be better.

I have always preferred to work with an owner directly.

Thanks Maria

They are offering the cheapest prices I've seen in SoBe... But they have a LOT of online complaints. I might print out a list of their complaints, then ask ask to see one of their apts. If they say it's no longer availible maybe I can call their bluff.
    I prefer to work with the owner directly as well but now that CL is so polluted with realtor ads I just don't know how to get into contact with any owners.

Default Re: Has anyone worked with the company Renters Paradise?

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    I am not familiar with that site, but they just seem to be listing places that are in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). A lot of places do that, and are better known. For example:

http://realtor.com/
    http://hotpads.com/

(The realtor.com site is usually the most up to date). If you're new to the Miami rental market I suggest you talk with a realtor and have them suggest places to you. In most cases the landlord pays the realtor fee so it costs nothing. You are still free to locate other places (which may be rented outside the MLS) by yourself.

Thank u for the advice

Yes, CJ. That's the unfortunate thing with CL. Finding a legit rent by owner apartment there is like a needle in a haystack. Be persistent though.

Good luck and let us know how it works out!

Preferred Member

Based on what I read about people's negative experience with CraigsList, and my own recent positive rental experience with my realtor, I would say that working with a realtor is the way to go in Miami - obviously, the realtor has to be someone who is hardworking and trustworthy.

As the tenant, you don't have to pay any fees to your realtor (cos the landlord covers that) and yet you get good service and is protected by all the legal documents that the realtor prepares for you. You may not get that level of protection if you work directly with the landlord, and you are less likely to encounter shady landlords if they have their realtor and you have your realtor.
    Last edited by Perri; 07-28-2011 at 11:52 AM.

I prefer to work with owner managed properties when possible. I've found that anytime I've dealt with a property management company, there have always been lots of strict rules about qualifications and lots of fees (pet fees, application fees, etc.). One property management company wanted me to leave a holding deposit on a unit I was interested in before they'd even approved me! If I'm going to leave money with them, I'd at least like to know that I'm guaranteed to have the apartment. Landlords often go more by vibe, and are more inclined to offer you a deal if they like you. Plus if you need a repair, you don't have to go thru someone else to let your landlord know.

Default Re: Has anyone worked with the company Renters Paradise?

Thanks For the advice!