Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Moving from Argentina to Miami

hi, im Christian, me and family are planning to move to Miami by end of this year and we dont know where is a good place to live with childrens, we have a boy, he is almost 4 and and my wife is pregnant, we would like some quiet place not to far from the airport since my job will be there.
    How much need a family of 3 for the moment to live in a good place of Florida? cost of living? what about car insurance etc?
    Tks to the people that can give us advices.

New User

Default Re: Moving from Argentina to Miami

Quote Originally Posted by tarmac727 View Post
    hi, im Christian, me and family are planning to move to Miami by end of this year and we dont know where is a good place to live with childrens, we have a boy, he is almost 4 and and my wife is pregnant, we would like some quiet place not to far from the airport since my job will be there.
    How much need a family of 3 for the moment to live in a good place of Florida? cost of living? what about car insurance etc?
    Tks to the people that can give us advices.

Please, i need some advices about this issue, can anyone tell me about the questions i post, tks very much,

rk

Hi Christian. I will try to answer some of your questions, but please wait for a few more answers also. Some of the answers are very subjective, because a lot depends on what you consider a "good place" and how careful you are with spending money.

As a rough estimate, you're probably looking at $1000+ per month for a basic rental in a safe area. There may be some additional expenses for electricity, phone, TV, etc. Car insurance will probably add $100+ month depending on various factors. Not sure what sort of health insurance you'll have, but if your wife is having a baby (congratulations) that may cost extra. For a very basic lifestyle I would think you'd need at least $36000/year. $50K+ will be much better, though a lot of families do get by for a lot less.

BTW, here's a link to a map that color codes the areas by "quality" (incl safety) so you can have an idea of which areas are better or not:

http://tinyurl.com/2btpcf2

Like I said, wait until you hear from other people also. There is no one answer to your questions. Good luck.

New User

hey rk, tks very much for your answer, yes i understand what you mean, the places what we see in the net was coral gables, south Miami, and pinecrest, but all are some expensive, considering a salary that is between 25 and 29 dollar hours, would be ok to live there?
    Tks again
    Christian

Huge Argentine population in Miami North Miami Beach, and Little Havana both have a surprising number of Argentinos so I'm sure you will be able to fit in comfortably.

New User

tks Dylan, actually we seeing some place not so far from the airport since we my wife and i work at the airport, how the traffic in Miami? we looking a plece in south Miami , Coral Gables or Pinecrest that is more expensive i guess, any comment are very welcome
    Saludos

Hola tarmac727,

Estuve viendo tu pedido de información. Coral Gables es muy lindo pero un poco caro. El trafico en Miami depende de la hora. Lo que se considera el Rush Hour es entre 6-10AM y 3-7PM.
    Soy Argentina también

Preferred Member

If your wife is also working, you would have to factor in daycare expenses for your kids as well. Perhaps, someone here who is familiar with daycare costs can chime in.

I think the rental will cost a little more than $1000. $1000 is the price of a very basic one bedroom apartment. If you want a separate room for your children, you will be spending at least $1200-$1500 a month of a two-bedroom place in a decent neighborhood. Pinecrest is a nice neighborhood, but almost all upscale single family homes, so if you're on a budget, it's too expensive. South Miami has a decent selection of apartments, as does Coral Cables, but they will be a little pricey because they're upscale areas. Little Havana is a very colorful area, a bit rundown in some areas, but full of life, affordable, and close to the airport. You might want to include that on your list.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by mirna View Post
    Hola tarmac727,

Estuve viendo tu pedido de información. Coral Gables es muy lindo pero un poco caro. El trafico en Miami depende de la hora. Lo que se considera el Rush Hour es entre 6-10AM y 3-7PM.
    Soy Argentina también
    Hola Mirna, que bueno un compatriota alla, la pregunta es que precios hay que calcular para rentar en gables, esbueno un sueldo de cerca de 29 dolares la hora? nosotros somos tres personas, o sea mi esposa y mi hijo de 3 años, la idea es que ella trabaje si es necesario pero por el momento no? el tema de los costos de tener un auto y el seguro del mismo es caro? bueno toda la info que puedas darme me sirve y mucho
    saludos