Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Moving to Fort Lauderdale/Miami

I will be moving to Florida in November. I'm looking for a entry level full time job. Any suggestions of where I should get a job

Not really. The job market here is pretty terrible right now, as we still hover around 11-14% unemployment.

What are your skills? Education level/major? Experience and field in which you are looking for work? You may happen to have experience or expertise in one of the handful of fields where jobs exist here. So maybe if you can give us a little more info we can point you in a better direction.

Also, do you speak Spanish? Portugese?

And why are you moving here, if I may ask? Because the economy in this state is terrible right now, it is not really an ideal place to be heading.

Default Re: Moving to Fort Lauderdale/Miami

Quote Originally Posted by RDS88 View Post
    I will be moving to Florida in November. I'm looking for a entry level full time job. Any suggestions of where I should get a job
    Hi and welcome to 411.

What brings you to Florida? Are you moving to Miami? Depending on where you live is where we can help you get a job.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Not really. The job market here is pretty terrible right now, as we still hover around 11-14% unemployment.

What are your skills? Education level/major? Experience and field in which you are looking for work? You may happen to have experience or expertise in one of the handful of fields where jobs exist here. So maybe if you can give us a little more info we can point you in a better direction.

Also, do you speak Spanish? Portugese?

And why are you moving here, if I may ask? Because the economy in this state is terrible right now, it is not really an ideal place to be heading.
    Hey thanks for the reply...i have some college education and work experience. I also have some welding experience too. Is welding big in Miami? I know some American Sign Language but not spanish. Im moving to either Miami or Fort Lauderdale to take a year off of school and work full time there. Im moving to Florida because my brother is moving there too, we are going to live together.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Hi and welcome to 411.

What brings you to Florida? Are you moving to Miami? Depending on where you live is where we can help you get a job.
    Thanks for the reply. Im either moving to Miami or Fort Lauderdale, not sure yet. Most likely Fort Lauderdale. Im moving there to work full time and take a year off of school. My brother is also moving with me. He's in culinary school about to graduate. So we will be living together

Maybe you could be a ship welder in Miami or Lauderdale. There's no shortage of ships around here. Are you in a professional organization for welders? Maybe they have job leads they can offer in the area...

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Maybe you could be a ship welder in Miami or Lauderdale. There's no shortage of ships around here. Are you in a professional organization for welders? Maybe they have job leads they can offer in the area...
    No I'm not and I'm not certified. I just have college welding experience. Are there apprenticeships for welding in Miami or Fort Lauderdale? Thanks for your help and reply

The construction industry has dies down here the past few years, otherwise I'd say you probably could get something in there. As it is, it may be a tough road for you.