Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default 1st time in Miami

Hello all, my name is Axel. And i'm comming down for the weekend of sept.23 for my bachelor party. Like I said it's my first time but also a first time for my grooms men (6 of us in total) as well, and i was just wanting to know what are some of the best places to go? We are stayin in miami beach off of 8th and oceans drive just because we thought it was a good central area. And for the most part we are really laid back but want to do a bit of the usual bachelor rituals. Maybe a night/strip club or two. But definently want to relax during the day enjoy the beach and some casual resturants and happy hour. I think we may putt around on scooters while we are there just for fun. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: 1st time in Miami

Lincoln road is a fun laid back place.

Insofar as strip clubs....

DO NOT GO TO CLUB MADONNA, NO MATTER WHAT

Worst strip club in Miami. It's also the only one on South Beach, but avoid it like the plague.

Gold Rush, downtown, is probably the best one you can get to by cab. It's a nice place that has cleaned up a lot lately. The best club in the city is Tootsie's, but that's about an $80 cab ride north of South Beach. If you're renting a car, though, definitely the strip club of choice. Otherwise, Gold Rush for sure.

Lincoln does indeed have some chill bars (Zeek's has roughly 114,675 different beer,s all $4) and interesting restaurants. But which one to recommend depends on what you like.

Insofar as clubs, LIV is probably the best one right now. But is also excruciatingly difficult to get into unless you want to buy a bottle. If you wanna go that route, it's a fun time. Just expect to throw down $100-125 each for the privilege.

Clevelander is a cool daytime, outdoor day drinking bar scene, and only about 2 blocks from your hotel. It's fun at night too, but again it's more a laid back outdoor scene than a big fancy Miami club scene. So your call on that.

I also agree downtown has a few options you should consider since a cab would not be to bad and that opens up a lot more destinations.

What are the other strip clubs downtown that might be fun for tourists? Did I miss one?

New User

thanks so much guys... im soaking this all up! where is the best place to watch that UFC fight next saturday night when im in town? and are there any MMA fights in town that weekend?

Hi o3skyline35,

For nightclubs in addition to LIV you could do SET, Mookai, Mansion, Mynt, Nikki Beach (Sun), The Florida Room. LIV can be a hassle..
    Matt's the strip club expert so take his advice. For watching the game I would say Playwright, Waxy O' COnnors, or Finnegans.

New User

nice...

Matt- should i call ahead for 6 guys on these strip clubs, and how are the cabs.... what would i be looking at to get to gold rush roughly?

$20 to Gold Rush. It's opposite Space nightclub in downtown Miami.

No need to call ahead, no. Saturday there is busy, but you can always get a seat.

Insofar as the UFC fight, Ted's Hideaway is actually a good spot to watch those, they always have them. If The Clevelander has it on, that's also a good sports bar.