Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hi Raver92,

They get away with that by taking their nice shirts off once they get inside and are too sweaty to keep their clothes on. As a guy, NEVER wear t-shirts, tank tops, sneakers, or even jeans.

I would recommend checking out a clothing store on Washington Ave. in Miami Beach. This will give you some great ideas as to what people are wearing to clubs these days.

Have fun!

Designer Jeans will get you in to almost any club on the beach. I would maybe upgrade to trousers for a place like Pearl for example. DEFINETELY no tank tops!!!! You won't get in; but a cool T-shirt will work in most places.. Rule of thumb for clubbing and bar hopping males... Keep your toes, legs and shoulders covered...

New User

Cool...You guys have all been a help. I'm just packing all of my last clubbing shirts and pants now...I will be arriving in Surfside tomorrow night around 11:45p.m. your time...Any ideas of whether or not anything will be happening at or around that time. And if so where? Can't wait to see the whole Miami nightlife!!!!

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

"Any ideas of whether or not anything will be happening at or around that time."
    I suggest driving down to South Beach and walking around Ocean Drive. Check out Mango's, Club Deuce, Automatic Slims, Clevelander, Lost Weekend, and Senor Frog's. All those places are very casual. You can save your extra special clubbing clothes for another night. If you get hungry, grab a taco from San Loco, across the street from Club Deuce.

Have fun!

New User

:ohh: I'm new to this site and i'm hoping i don't have to go and buy a whole new set of clothes. I keep hearing that you cannot wear shorts but what about the dressy short shorts with a dressy top?? It is too hot in miami to be wearing anything else! Me and my friend want to go to mansion but we don't want to be turned down at the door! If i can get some insight on this shorts situation that would be good ! Thanx....We'll be there the weekend of june22nd.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi misspam32, welcome to Miami Beach 411.

I think wearing shorts to Mansion is a bad idea . You're less likely to be hassled at the door if you're wearing a dress.

There's plenty of other casual bars and lounges where shorts are okay. But places like Mansion, Opium, Sweet and Space might frown on shorts. That is, unless you're wearing hot pants. Ladies in hot pants go to the front of the line.

Miami shouldn't be too hot in June.

New User

Thanx gus....looks like i'm gonna have to switch it up a little. Oh yeah...they are hot pants but i'm still gonna get a dress! :-)

Suzanne C

Hi Raver92. I can tell from your screenname that you are really going to love Space (actually it's Space 34 'cuz the original space is now rubble)...Space isn't really one of the strict nightclubs when it comes to garb. As a guy, you still can't wear sneakers or a cap-unless you happen to be with the likes of P Diddy, but you can get away with jeans, albeit raggedy or not. The later it gets, you'll find that the dress code gets more and more lax and that's just because of the afterhours crowd. To be honest, at Space, the dress code is aimed at guys. I've never heard of a woman being denied entry to Space because of her outfit but in this town of 'skin is in,' even a nudie would have no problem!

Suzanne C

Oh, and misspam32, exactly what kind of "shorts" are you referring to? If you were thinking about the new trendy hotpants rave, then by all means GO FOR IT as that is very "in" right now. Just make sure to shave those limbs and use some self-tanner!

I think what Gus means is to avoid wearing grandma's Caddyshack plaid shorts to the nightclub ... save those for golf and afternoon tea. %-P

However, short shorts, hotpants, daisy dukes, miniskirts, minidresses ... anything that makes it easy to pull a Britney Spears and leaves nothing to the imagination ... it's all in! Just be careful wear you sit! %-P

Here are some fantastic street/nightlife photos by incredible Miami Beach photographer Miami Fever ... Miami Fever has a knack for capturing the leisure/party side of Miami Beach ... browse his photos ... you'll get the idea. :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

New User

Hey Suzy

thanks for your reply.... we are the kinda guys who like to go to somewhere thats kinda 'the calm before the storm' then work our way up to the hard stuff [we will be starting off in SoBe then make our way to DT Miami to go to Space34] is there any particular clubs pubs or bars you would recommend, and also is there public transport to Downtown from SoBe at night for us to get to ClubSpace?

We are getting real excited now we only have 4 and a half weeks till our trip!! Woohooo

New User

hey, i'm from L.A. and i'm going down to miami for a couple of weeks in august. I'm going to be hitting up Club Space on friday the 10th to see Austin Leeds!! I'm used to the 21+ club scene in L.A. but I haven't done the miami scene. What should i wear to Club Space? I was thinking a hot sexy short shirtdress and hot heels, what do you think???....but from the pictures i've seen of club space it's not appropriate hahah :( it looks more of like a club for dancing, not so much the lounge part to socialize and such. Also, austin leeds show is 18+ but I'm barely seventeen and I don't want to take my 21 fake to miami, I look older though, but would getting in be any prob? Like do i have to show an ID? thanks so much :)! xo

Suzanne C

Hey envogue and welcome to the forums!

For starters, you will most certainly need an ID to get in. PERIOD.

Now that we have that out of the way....

Your dress and heels sound so trendy fresh- and while I'm not trying to say that the dress code @ Space is 'lax,' the truth is you hit the nail on the head with your opinion of Space. It is not loungy, not loungy at all.

The club's layout and sound system are all placed strategically to max out the quality. You go to Space to dance. You go to Space to hear a fav Deejay. You don't go to Space to have a conversation with anyone...

I suggest you wear what you feel makes you look like a $$$$ bucks and make sure it is comfortable while you're dance your booty off.

On a final note, <strike>from a 32 yr old who has seen some crazy sh*t go on in Space and is a tad worried about a 17 yr old being in there</strike> that's an older crowd, some with serious vices. Stay with your friends. Don't drink anything that's not physical poured in your presence. Call a cab before accepting a ride from stranger.

New User

yeah, i'm used to clubs here like Les Deux, Teddy's and Area...they're def not clubs to just dance but i'm going to space to see Austin Leeds, not socialize. Thanks for the info and I guess I'll bring my ID afterall

how can i get a visitors pass when i come to Miami?

Preferred Member

i don't usually go out , but this past week/ weekend i went to many superbowl parties, and pool parties. I went to ludacris and Terrel ownens ppol party at fontainblu, to diddys beach party at nikki beach, to diddys party at mya, to rhiannas party at liv,some party at mansion and who knows where else, all i know is those pics of the "slutty hoe look" are really kind. The outfits i have seen this past week made me feel like a grandmother, wearing a bikini at a pool party or a little dress at a club doesn't cut it anymore, not for superbowl weekend, the groupies are out in full force and they will do anything to get noticed. :)

It sounds like you had an amazing Miami weeked? Was P. Diddy actually at Nikki or the other party? Yeah, I know what you mean about the little sexy dress getting old. So what were the other girls wearing?? I need to come up with some new outfit ideas.

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    It sounds like you had an amazing Miami weeked? Was P. Diddy actually at Nikki or the other party? Yeah, I know what you mean about the little sexy dress getting old. So what were the other girls wearing?? I need to come up with some new outfit ideas.
    yes he was at the beach party and at mya as well, everybody showed up to their events except rhianna, i didn't see her not sure if she was actually there. Sungal, people were wearing scandalous things, for example thongs to the pool party, anything to get noticed, i saw one chic that was wearing a seetru bodysuit it was like a fishnet bodysuit! After this week i feel like a grandmother. one chick took off her panties and threw it in the vip since she couldn't get in and it hit me!!!

But where are the photos, Jasmin???

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by coach
    But where are the photos, Jasmin???
    haha sorry no photos i am not a picture person so i didn't bring a camera along..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast