Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New User

Default Clothes people wear to night clubs in Miami

What type of clothes do people wear in Miami. Is the type of city you can wear whatever you want or the type you have to have on a suit. Maybe it is somewhere in between. I am going shopping and I need to know what kind of clothes to buy. Thanks.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Great question, Leo. Nothing sucks more than going out with friends to a club, but one of you can't get in because you're not properly dressed.

Upscale clubs in Miami definitely have strict dress code policies. Not being properly dressed is the first excuse a doorman will use when not letting you into a club.

From a man's perspective, these are my tips about what to wear when you go out clubbing:

• no sneakers or tennis shoes
    • no baseball caps
    • no tank tops
    • avoid jeans unless they cost over $100
    • raver fashion is out
    • make sure your hair looks neat
    • suits and jackets are not necessary
    • khakis, slacks, dress pants, nice shoes, and button down shirts are all okay.

Basically, the look a doormen wants to see from a guy is: a jet-setting baller who's got money to burn. For a lady, that Miami slutty ho look should guarantee you quick entry.

I should also note, if the club is hosting a theme party, you are very likely to make it right in if you come dressed in costume.

You may want to wait until you get here before you buy your new duds. There are many trendy shops on Washington Avenue and Lincoln Road that cater to Miami night club fashion (see: clubwear stores). Many of these stores participate on the Visitor Pass - this means they will give you a 15% discount on your purchase.

We appreciate all of the contributions that you've made here at Miami Beach 411. Can we send you a free Pass?

I hope other people here can offer some advice for the ladies about what they should wear that will help them get in a nightclub. The picture below is the best example I could come up with.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

New User

I would love a pass. You can send me one

Gus,

That's is a great answer. I was about to say the same regarding "Miami slutty ho look ", That look guarantee the admision to the club and free drinks from old rich men.

For Girls is not that hard to get in a club, because in most of nightclubs they want a lot of girls to bring more men and spend money.

Gus

Leo, the Visitor Pass has been shipped. Have fun, and don't forget, it's that "jet-setting baller" look they're after. :coolsmirk:

Too bad I'm in my 40's and have lost the "slutty-ho" look.

At least I am still young at heart - wild that is!

New User

Could somebody describe the "miami slutty-ho look" ? :)

Hi Blondie,

Lots of skin and tight clothes. Here are some more pictures for you:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

New User

Thanks, now I get the impression. :)

Hi Blondie!

Hmm ... the Miami Slutty Ho look ... should that be trademarked?

As you may or may not know, Manola in her Sex and the Beach incarnation takes issue with South Beach fashions, which provides oodles of fodder for humorous commentary. That being said, the key here is to expose as much flesh as possible without pulling a Britney Spears ...

New User

:-) :-) a few days ago i was partying in the night club,wearing black pants and black shirt - totally non a slutty-ho look - wuold they even let me in to any night club in miami wearing like that? :) one more thing - are there any really high class night clubs in miami where a slutty-ho look would be considered nothing but a bad taste? :)

Blondie, that's a good point. Can any of our whipper snappers address this? Personally, I don't think of any "nightclub" as a high-class establishment, no matter what the cover or cost of a bottle.

If you're thinking more along the lines of a jazz lounge (a la Van Dyke) or Arturo Sandoval's club, then yes, classier dress would be appropriate.

The other point to consider is the weather. Not that it justifies dressing like a ho, but it is easier to get away with less clothes, simply because it's too hot to wear much around here.

I know much fun is made of Miami's scanty fashions, but realistically, you really don't have to show so much flesh to look sexy!

New User

My wife and I won invitations to the Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Edition Party at The Fifth Club on Saturday.

You might think thats a dream come true, but there is also the high anxiety of trying to decide what to wear when I'm sure that most of the other guests will be the international glitterati.

Anybody have any advice?

Hi Nolaman, is this a poolside daytime party or evening shindig? From what I've seen having worked in a photo agency, those glitterati wear anything from bikinis to nice jeans to fancy frocks. It really all depends on the event. If there's no specific call for dress code, I'd go on the nicer side of casual, appropriate for the day's weather.

New User

What clothes would we have to wear to be let in to Club Space, as the clubs over here let you wear just about anything(as long as you look tidy)!?

I was thinking designer jeans, tank-top(designer not cheap and tatty looking) some light SILVER jewellry(Neck chain, and a ring - nothing 'BLING') and casual black/white shoes (not trainers)

I am worried I am gonna get there get all kit-ed up and not be allowed in HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Raver92 :)

New User

I'm with WildHeartCa...I'm also 40 and figure I can still hang with the younger croud. ;-P
    I'm new to this site and I'll be coming out to stay for a week next month. I've found this site to be a big help. Thanks everyone..

New User

Gus I especially appreciated the 101 things to do......Thanks

Gus

Happy you like it, incalif. I'm going to the Bacardi Museum tomorrow.

Raver92, your outfit sounds styling.

You both should fit right in.

Hi Raver...
    For Club Space what you really need to worry about to get in is having proper I.D. It's not the typical South Florida nightclub. As long as you are willing to wait in line and aren't wearing shorts or sneakers you'll most likely get in. The lines look long but they go pretty quick so don't get disheartened when you get there. They do a pretty good job to get everyone off the street as quickly and orderly as possible.

If you want to look Space ready, cute and have fun:) dress ready to sweat no matter how cold it may be outside. Space is for dancing so wear your dancing shoes. As cute as strappy sandals look. And you WILL need strappy high heel sandals to look your best on the beach when club hopping. For Space I suggest closed toe shoes. I would do boots with a mid-height heel some hiphugger jeans and it's up to you if you want to be belly bare or not but in Miami skin is always in but style to me wins over skin any day..

I hope I helped... if not let me know and I'll tell you more...

Cheers...

New User

Hey Guys

thanks for your replys :)

Victoria, your advice - er I aint planning going in drag hun!! hehe

What do you suggest what a man should wear? I have seen photos from Space, and the guys are wearing T-shirts, Shirts, and Tank tops (sleevless T-shirts?)

As I have also contacted sales at Space, and they told me - no Tshirts no Tanktops and no Sneakers, but the photos show people wearing tank tops etc in there so how do they manage it???

lemme know Vic, Gus - whoever can!?!! :S

thank you in advance

Raver92 :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast