Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How to guarantee entry to the big clubs in Miami?

Default Re: How to guarantee entry to the big clubs in Miami?

Miami pretty much sucks for EDM ( in my bring a raver for 20 yrs opinion ) which is surprising since its such a party place. The bigger clubs will have some of the bigger djs but yes lines, bounder issues, trouble getting in. You're best bet is to come during WMC wintermusicconference.com ( last 1.5 weeks in march when south beach becomes EDM central, tons of events, free parties and you can get into pretty much anywhere. They relax the " strict door policies" and dress codes a lot then too. Although just to warn you hotels multiply their price by about x 4 . Try clay hotel miami beach though. great location and they dont seem to price jack too bad usually.

Maybe someone else here can chime in on any good techno spots in SoBe that may have emerged recently. If there are any i'd love to know also

I only go to the big nightclubs when I want to see the DJ and when there's tickets available, otherwise I spent lots of time in these laid-back bars but wait ... you forgot the Clevelander which is my personal favourite
    There's treehouse which is the new techno club, in downtown there's Space and Grand central.

I only go to the big nightclubs when I want to see the DJ and when there's tickets available, otherwise I spent lots of time in these laid-back bars but wait ... you forgot the Clevelander which is my personal favourite -------------------> you're right. I thought of clevelander right after I posted and put the laptop away. I heard some of the areas inside clevelander are hard to get into though. I've only been in the outside area. I love the places with no cover, no dress code, no BS. The bigger clubs seem to be the opposite of that.

There's treehouse which is the new techno club -------------------> i heard good things about treehouse and i wish I tried to get in back when I lived 4 blocks from it. I heard its hard to get into also though.

in downtown there's Space and Grand central. ------------> oh ya space in downtown miami. S bus across the bridge ( runs hourly all night) will get you there from south beach plus about a 3 block walk west. i wouldnt be walking in that area at night though without friends and/or mase. Is space hard to get into and is it always techno? i know of it and where it is but have never tried to get in.

I really want to check out House ( the new one downtown ) someday. ---> dont think its always techno but go to yelp and search house night club miami it seems amazing and very unique. Dresscode but no cover and they claim you dont have to be a model to get in lol. I know you have to apply for a " house key " too get in before going and dress to impress to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonSoBe View Post

in downtown there's Space and Grand central. ------------> oh ya space in downtown miami. S bus across the bridge ( runs hourly all night) will get you there from south beach plus about a 3 block walk west. i wouldnt be walking in that area at night though without friends and/or mase. Is space hard to get into and is it always techno? i know of it and where it is but have never tried to get in.
    Space is house, trance, techno depending on the djs and it's very easy to get into
    When they bring a big name in the terrasse, that's the best place to be in Miami and it doesn't close before 10am

Quote Originally Posted by djmanu View Post
    Space is house, trance, techno depending on the djs and it's very easy to get into
    When they bring a big name in the terrasse, that's the best place to be in Miami and it doesn't close before 10am
    * noted *

Do people usually dress up, wear " rave attire " or just t-shirt and shorts type deal?

Thanks!

* noted *

Do people usually dress up, wear " rave attire " or just t-shirt and shorts type deal?

Thanks!
    A t-shirt/jeans is enough but I don't think shorts are allowed ...

Miami pretty much sucks for EDM ( in my bring a raver for 20 yrs opinion ) which is surprising since its such a party place. The bigger clubs will have some of the bigger djs but yes lines, bounder issues, trouble getting in. You're best bet is to come during WMC wintermusicconference.com ( last 1.5 weeks in march when south beach becomes EDM central, tons of events, free parties and you can get into pretty much anywhere. They relax the " strict door policies" and dress codes a lot then too. Although just to warn you hotels multiply their price by about x 4 . Try clay hotel miami beach though. great location and they dont seem to price jack too bad usually.

Maybe someone else here can chime in on any good techno spots in SoBe that may have emerged recently. If there are any i'd love to know also
    What!?!?! Like practically 90% of clubs in Miami only play EDM lol I remember telling my friends I needed an EDM detox so I found this hip hop event at Bamboo, I had to get over listening to "builds and drops" 300x a night.

Rosebudd maybe I should rephrase. " Good EDM, not radio garbage or a resident DJ mixing radio techno mash ups with pop songs " Builds and drops 300x a night would drive me nuts too. That sounds like too much cheese progressive trance.

The hip hop equivalent of how I feel about cheese radio pop techno is like if hip hop clubs played fresh prince of bel air music and careleton was the cage dancer.

I guess I was just spoiled by being able to choose from three good raves every weekend in the north east for years. Lots of raw talent and a huge variety of electronic music / techno. I really hate saying EDM because its such a newbie phrase to me but I know its just what they call it more these days. I'm used to the underground clubs with at least 10 different kinds of electronic music in a night and at least 25 djs in a night. It wasn't just house, trance, dubstep, wash rinse reapeat. It was trance, house, hard house, hardcore, happy hardcore, jungle, drum and bass, breaks, live PA, booty house... ect.. Maybe it just sounds cheasier to me here in Miami due to lack of variety. I dunno.

I'm sick of hardwell and avicci and all these generic sounding djs. If I wanted to watch ferris bueler and leonardo dicaprio play music i'd be like all of these newbies going to mansion and LIV ( nothing against LIV or mansion, just saying.

I'm wondering if there are anyone on these boards that have been involved in the north east rave scene and know what I'm talking about. I guess the closest thing I can compare it to for south FL is what you guys had with the Edge night club. Although I haven't been it seems like the same vibe from what people have said

Yes the edge was a night club and my asylum night club was a night club back home but it wasnt where they hire one or two djs, you dress up and they make you pay out the ass for drinks. It was a venue that looked like an underground warehouse with amazing black like grafitti art, about 3,000 ravers every weekend, zero dresscode, kik wear pants, UFO's, t shirts or tube tops, a handful of kandi ravers, amazing talent and a huge variety of it with several different rooms, every weekend in a few different states. There were no vip tables or sections yet plenty of couches to sit on all over. Nobody cared if a water gun fight broke out or you wanted to act like a total child with friends. Anything went. Obviously they searched you at the door and would kick you out if they found drugs, but other than that it was an " EDM " playground. Or was it like this several years ago in Miami and things just died off? I don't miss the cold of the northeast and I'll never go back but I do miss the scene up there as far as electronic music.

...and that concludes my coffee induced ramble.
    Last edited by ShannonSoBe; 10-20-2014 at 10:15 AM.

I think you will like Space, it's more like a warehouse rave and there's not VIP section or it's very limited.
    And ... better than the North East because there's no last call

Thanks. I need to check it out. I've known about it forever. My old stomping ground didn't even serve alcohol so there was no last call they were open until 6 AM. If you were part of the promotion crews, or a DJ or worked for the venue or production companies then there was the basement BYOB drinking. Good ole days

Shannon,
    I get what you're saying hahah yeah nowadays we just bundle the computer music as EDM. And you're right, it's just like every DJ gets handed the same mixtape CD to play throughout the week. I was at a point where if I heard "Animals" one more time i'd probably go insane and end up committing a crime.

lol @ mixtape. yup.

Did you hear Deadmau5's remix of Animals with Old Mc Donald Had A Farm mixed in ? LMAO.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Rg9t9KkeY - It starts just before 30:00
    This set lives on my ipod
    If you are not familiar with this set and Deadmau5 filling in for Avicii " calling in sick " at Ultra this year forward to 59:20 in that link for a good laugh. I guess Afrojack was sick too.

Each year there is one song that is way to played out.

I'm In Miami Bitch
    Levels By Avicii
    This years its Animals.
    Last edited by ShannonSoBe; 10-20-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    rosebudd likes this.

lol @ mixtape. yup.

Did you hear Deadmau5's remix of Animals with Old Mc Donald Had A Farm mixed in ? LMAO.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Rg9t9KkeY - It starts just before 30:00
    This set lives on my ipod
    If you are not familiar with this set and Deadmau5 filling in for Avicii " calling in sick " at Ultra this year forward to 59:20 in that link for a good laugh. I guess Afrojack was sick too.

Each year there is one song that is way to played out.

I'm In Miami Bitch
    Levels By Avicii
    This years its Animals.
    Hahahah so true. Can't stand it! They play it because it always gets a cheap pop from the crowd. I need to go to hipster spots :P Any recommendations ?

LoL I heard Electric Pickle is a hipster spot. Ultra has been lately. Maybe less so now that its 18+ :P

Sorry guys I hijacked this thread away from " getting into big clubs " and turned it into " EDM " / Rave, DJ Talk :P
    rosebudd likes this.

Bardot, is apparently a pretty good hipster spot. Then again, if we all know about it is it really all that hipster?
    rosebudd likes this.

I hate Bardot ... !
    It is just a small dark room which is way to crowded so you cant move around and prices do not match the setting at all.
    One of the worst places I have ever been in Miami.

Agreed, went to Bardot once. Rubbish as the Brits say!
    Martin F likes this.

Matt apparently they don't concur . lol

Yeah I dunno. I went to Bardot a couple of times and liked it but who knows, maybe it's changed or they went on bad nights/I went on a good night.
    ShannonSoBe likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12