Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ultra questions

Default Re: Ultra questions

Amen. I was only 6 months old during the summer of 79 but I know about the window pane Dabbling for just the summer? Good for you. That was age 21 to 23 for me. LoL. A couple hits of E with about 5 hits of acid and then a great day at 6 flags. You never had so much fun standing in line staring at s**t , although a 30 min line felt like 3 days LOL. That was a typical summer. LOL. I think my brain still hurts. I was a wild child. I don't really miss it. I've tried it all, been there, done that but I still enjoy a good rave totally sober Good music can bring me right back with that " muscle memory " LOL. I only wish I knew about the Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds back then (all natural, legal, cheap seeds. Eating 3 feels like you ate 1/2 hit of acid and 1/2 a hit of E plus a mega dose of horny. Shamans use it for healing also. Had I know about then back in the day I wouldn't have messed with all that chemical garbage. Oh well, those brain sells had it coming to it anyway. LOL. Going from talking about a rave to talking about drugs is cliche so I digress.

When you say electric compositions being classical in natural, I feel that way about my favorite DJ/Producer ( ATB ) from Germany. <3 <3 <3
    Last edited by ShannonSoBe; 10-23-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Oh geeze, maybe don't listen so much to the techno/dance cable channel. I guess I haven't listened to it in awhile. It seems super commercial now. Pandora! :p

Long ago when people were asking the ravers about techno we used to toss this link at them. It's semi accurate but I'm not sure how updated it is. It gives the jist of how many types of electronic music there are and where it stems from ( can tell you there are far more than are on the chart but here are some...

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/
    Last edited by ShannonSoBe; 10-23-2014 at 09:33 PM.

That's an interesting link, if not a little daunting. But it's a little outdated since it doesn't have any trap or step stuff on there. Not that I like that shit AT ALL, but it's big enough now I guess it rates inclusion.

Ya. I think its volume 2.5 and I don't remember what it was last or when they updated it. Just a jist of how many types of electronic music there are. Trap and dubstep are prob the worst genres to hit electronic music but you're right they are not on there and its not super current. I heard that site was made as a joke but it is at least 50 % accurate.

OK heres my rant. Electronic TRAP is not TRAP. Trap is gangsta rap about drug dealing lifestyle from artists like OJ da Juiceman, Gucci Mane and etc... I hate how now you type on youtube "Top trap tracks" and you get all this electronic garbage, couldn't they have picked a different name for the genre, like ..a name that was not already taken?

And dubstep is fading away slowly...so i'm glad about that.

I did not know that about Trap. Wow. You learn something new every day.

A few weeks I bitched and Tweeted Deadmau5 to leave Paris Hilton alone. She's actually raising his boat ( appearance fees.)

I dig his ominous sounds and chords. Dismissed him early as a gimmick. Great stuff.

rosebudd - I didn't know that there were two kinds of trap. I heard of it and thought it was just a techno, hip hop, crap mix or something. Thanks for the info. On a side note my " I hate dubstep " facebook page has 4,734 likes. It sounds like a transformer got electrocuted during a heroin overdose. Ugggg.

Blackford - Joel (deadmau5) is just pissed at Paris for having zero skills and making a million a set. people either pay to see her because she's a celeb or pay to see her mess up lol. I like his analogy about how he loves race cars and driving them but he would never get behind the wheel and expect to get paid a lot to race like the pros. He thinks Paris shouldn't do the same with it comes to DJing. When i first heard about deadmau5 and it was every teenie bopper in the world plastering their cars with deadmau5 stickers, and going nuts over him i thought it was just some sell out gimmick dj too but over the past few yrs ive come to love his music and his no holds barred rants. raise your weapon, professional griefers and sofi needs a latter are my favorite by him (older ones) i tend to keep the live sets on my ipod vs the studio mp3s. they always have that extra flavor/magic :P

I believe Sofie needs a Ladder. Like she's short.

SoFi in SoBe doesn't. She's already up there in price

Priliminary line-up came out today.....

Anyone decent missing ?

Name:  ultra.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  49.4 KB

Ya the loan officer to pay for the tickets lol. it's pretty much the samelineup every year .that is the phase 1 part of it. they will announce a phase 2 and possibly a phase 3 later which are the other DJs that haven't signed contracts yet .From I can see on that Bassnectar is the only act that I would bother watching

After reading the profile, that Ultra Miami organizer guy that died last week with Cocaine in his system revolts me. You kind of knew it but can't deny it when it's splashed on the Miami Herald front page.

Want to go to Ultra but not give them a dime. That wasn't an issue from the get-go as doing three days was a no-go.

Somehow I'll DAP to get one night in. If that fails, I'll go the UC Berkeley Cheapskate Hill College Game Day route.

Name:  cheapskate.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  14.7 KB

That entails many options. Last year, it was barely audible from home. Might just skiff it alongside the park. That among other options being considered for that Saturday night.

I'm into the music and at least have to have a taste.
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 02-14-2015 at 01:17 PM.

New User

hi there im going to ultra 2016 and we are staying in south beach. what would be the best way to get back after ultra finishes. thanks nick

Uber or if the surge is to crazy a taxi.

Über wasn't around last year so not sure if it will work, but you can certainly give it a try. A lot of people have to walk.

Yeah and traffic is pretty much impossible. Getting a cab or an Uber can take hours. I'd say either leave early (like before the last Dj finishes by like an hour) or stick around and get some drinks at Bayside or something for an hour or two after it's over.

Or walk. It's about 5 miles.

And most people walk. No other choice. Just what you wanna do after 10 hours of Ultra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12