Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jess

Thread: Under age bars in south beach

New User

Default Under age bars in south beach

Hello I've been reading forums allll day whether using a fake would actually work well or not if its rock solid with a hologram. I'm 17 years old and going to south beach in August with my mom and her friend which are way older than 21. We go to miami a lot for concerts so I'm pretty familiar with south beach policy and the scary doormen. I've tried to walk right in once but unfortunately they followed me to bathroom... This summer we don't plan to get into hard clubs like liv or Clevelander (short story: my brother got his fake confiscated there..) we might a place chill like mangos or any relaxed bar we can just sit at (the one time we went to clevelander a month ago we were able to walk right into the bar area and sit down for about 15 mins as my moms friend bought us shots. We were not questioned!) can my fake pass for any bars down there? Thank you for your time I look older for my age by pulling off th lipstick, hair up look. Nice clothes etc

Default Re: Under age bars in south beach

17?! If you look 17 I'm not hopeful.

This is is when it works: when your fake is REAL but you look similar in looks and age.

When you know people you're going in with.

When you you choose a low key locals bar.

Why it doesn't work: when you go to tourist places. Like Mangoes!

When your fake is indeed fake. Holograms or not.

When you worry or look nervous. It's not hard to spot an under-21 year old. They try too hard like breezing by instead of waiting patiently.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

New User

Thank you! Just tryna find a chill place to sit at with good music going. I guess mangos is out of the question since you said it's touristy. Any suggestions of places you can walk right into without the doorman giving you a hard time on ocean drive or a few blocks off? I guess I'll have to scope it out first before we go in. How are they so good at detecting fakes?!

You saw my response in your PM, and Jess is right. It IS easier for girls, but you need an ID that's real and just not you. Some bars might be laxer than others, but you'll always run the risk of being turned down/kicked out.

I know that the EF language school have a new spot every day during the week where they party, and the age limit is not 21.
    I think they make arrangements with the places so they will give you different armbands, or something depending on your age.

If I remember correct they are at Automatic Slims on Tuesdays and Mangos on Mondays or Wednesdays for an example.

Unfortunately I don't know the exact schedule.