we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jess
  • 2 Post By Anders

Thread: Miami Night Life Tips

New User

Default Miami Night Life Tips

Hi guys,

I've had a browse through the forum and found some useful info but i'm not sure how much is up to date as some of the threads are 4/5 years old.

3 friends and I are visiting Miami for a week in late June and we'll be looking to go out for a few nights. We have a relatively modest budget so probably will avoid the very expensive clubs.

Therefore, any advice on cheaper Miami night life would be greatly appreciated.

What are the best clubs to visit when on a lowish budget?

What bars are fairly cheap and easy to talk to people?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Default Re: Miami Night Life Tips

Hi Alex,

Stay away from the big clubs like Liv and Story. Space can be a relatively cheaper night out, plus some of the newer places in Wynwood. Also on South Beach places like the Clevelander which are more big bars. What exactly is your budget?

New User

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the reply.

We're planning to go out in South Beach so the Clevelander sounds like a good option.

In the UK a night out normally costs us about 50 (roughly $75), so ideally not too much more than that per night.

That's gonna be tough....a beer is gonna run you $6 plus tip. So more like $7-8. Depends how many you need, and even The Cleveland gets expensive real fast. Food is also not cheap.

Insofar as Clubs you're not really going to find anywhere where you can go and have more than maybe 3-4 drinks for $75. Jess mentioned Space, which is a good call. But you'll likely need to stick to bars if you want to stay in your budget. Playwright has pretty cheap beers, and does Yard House if you go there during Happy Hour.

And Space is across the bridge, so $20 in a cab one way.

The thing is, you can't compare a night out in Miami to a night out back home, wherever home is. Unless home is New York Manhattan. It is very expensive here. It's a tourist trap. And people pay it, so it won't change. $75 won't buy you a night out partying but it will but you some drinks at lower key places that Matt mentioned. I would expect to pay $150 minimum on a night out here.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

New User

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Assuming we budget slightly more, say $110 a night, what places would you recommend? Or would it be the same places as previously mentioned but more drinks there? haha

Yeah, I mean again you could hit the clubs had get 2-3 drinks with that budget. If not I'd sat hit some spots like Regent Cocktail club for some really goo drinks. Or, yeah, the places I mentioned with more drinks.

But to be completely honest if you wanna have a great night out in South Beach at clubs and the like your budget needs to be in the $250 range. You can still have a good time otherwise but you'll need to stick to bars.

Have you considered e11even?! The drinks aren't too outrageous and it's a good night out with topless girls.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Have you considered e11even?! The drinks aren't too outrageous and it's a good night out with topless girls.
    If it's a good night we'll definitely consider it.

I remember E11even having pretty expensive drinks when I went. Not like $20 cocktails, but still in the $15 range. $9 for a beer.

Me too, but i consider a $15 cocktail not expensive. Have I been living here too long?!

New User

You could always go to Ted's
    Jess and Matt Meltzer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Me too, but i consider a $15 cocktail not expensive. Have I been living here too long?!
    Yes. Unequivocally yes.

There is really no cheap places on the beach.
    For meeting people for the night, I prefer the hostels which are also the cheapest, but not a place you would stay the whole night.

If you pre-game before going out you can save quite a lot of money.
    One of the sugary slush ice drinks (Call a Cab) from Wet Willies are enough to get me going.

Use Uber to get around and the $20 ride to Space or E11even will be more like $10-12 one way.

Wynwood is good and at Wood Tarvern for an example the drinks are cheap and it is easy to talk to people.
    Personally I prefer Brickell or Wynwood over the beach when going out.