Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Thread: We had a BLAST!

New User

Default We had a BLAST!

We just got back from our trip in Miami! We stayed for 5 days from Wednesday through Monday. We went to some really awesome bars :-)

Wednesday we went to Lost Weekend and Jazid. Lost Weekend was awesome, great crowd there towards later in the night. We met a lot of awesome locals that we went out with the next night. Jazid, not so much. I wasn't too crazy about the crowd there and it smelled like weed, very strong!

Thursday we went to Macs Club Duece which was cool, it's a tiny bar but really chill for starting out the night. Then we went to Bodega, that place is one of my favorites from the week! The setup of Bodega is really cool in the front restaurant part before you get into the club in the back. I would definitely recommend going to Bodega for anyone in Miami if you've never been before. And they have great tacos :-)

Friday we went to Montys, their food was really good and they had a great happy hour special going on. I would definitely go back there, it was a really good atmosphere and cool laid back people. And then we went to Story that night, Steve Aoki was DJing, it was a blast! It was really expensive, like $18 a drink which is insane! But luckily once we got to our table drinks were free, we went in with a promoter and she got us into the club for free and they had a bottle for free.

Saturday we went to the Broken Shaker, they have the best cocktails I've ever tasted! They have a really cool and unique set up there, it is an open air courtyard area. The bar is really small there so expect to wait a while to be able to order a drink. I will definitely go back there next time I'm in town.

Sunday, our last night, we went to Purdy lounge. That was my least favorite bar that we went to and that may only be because I'm not a huge hip hop fan, but if you love old school and somewhat current hip hop you will love it there. It is very dark, smoky, and loud though, you definitely can't have a conversation with friends. After that, we went back to bodega but it was completely dead, there were probably about 20 people in the whole bar so don't go to bodega on a Sunday.

I can't wait to go back to Miami!

Default Re: We had a BLAST!

Awesome! You went to some really good places! Bodega is definitely kicking at the moment.

I kind of hate Bodega because they charge almost-club prices and in essence are just a bar. I think ti was $14 for a Tito's vodka drink last time I went. Inexcusable if you're trying to be some kind of "locals" place.

The food at Monty's I'm surprised you like since you seem to have pretty good taste in food all around. I've never found it to be anything above average bar food, but I'l let it because the atmosphere is great.

Glad you had a good time, man. We got some sick new spots in the Beach for you to try out next time you're here.

New User

We really wanted to get out to Wynwood and Brickell but unfortunately we didn't have enough time! So that will be next time we are in town. Have you guys been to the broken shaker, I could go there day in and day out if it had a bigger bar and maybe an outside bar as well.

And Matt, no reason to pay for $14 drinks when you can just go to the liquor store and get the little mini bottles and take them in the bar with you! :-) don't judge me lol

Oh I've been there. No judgments here, none at all.

Don't waste your time with Brickell. If you've gone out in a big city, it's nothing special. Wynwood on the other hand is pretty cool.