Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Story Friday night

Hi everyone, my girlfriend and I are visiting Miami this weekend and staying at the Shore Club. We are in our mid-20s and looking to enjoy everything South Beach has to offer (club nightlife, food, pool parties etc). For our first night in town, we were hoping to go to the one of the mega clubs like Story or Liv and then maybe hop around much later in the evening (Space or Mansion anyone?). Liv has Lil Jon guesting DJing that night which would be fun, but I fear it will be a huge pain to get in so I've narrowed it down to Story. The Chainsmokers are spinning there.

I talked to the concierge at the hotel and he suggested possibly doing a pre-party option with a promoter they could put me in contact with. This would include an open bar followed by a limo to the club around 11:30 or midnight and entrance without waiting in line. Is this a good option or should I seek a promoter myself? I don't mind waiting in line as long as I get in eventually. I was also considering buying tickets to the event online but I've been told that won't really do much to guarantee entry.

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Story Friday night

I don't go to nightclubs but I can tell you at 11:30PM the club will be empty, which is why they offer that 'party & limo package with free admission and no waiting'

In August, it is not going to be a huge crowd standing outside anyway. Don't panic about getting in. The best thing to do it go early, around midnight, and you should be fine.

They're right about avoiding the line and such, won't be an issue in August if you go early. BUT if you think doing the pre-party and limo might be more fun so you can get a little buzz on before you go and meet some people, it's not the worst thing. But with 2 girls, getting in won't be too tough.

New User

Thanks for the constructive replies, I am a male but I don't think that will make things much worse. So let's say we decide to forego the pre-party, should I buy tickets to the event online? If so, does this count as cover or would we also have to pay more at the door?

The tickets you buy online is all you need.

Story has a line dedicated to prepaid tickets, so it is no hassle to get in if prepaying (at least the few times I have been there).
    It is surprisingly organized for a Miami nightclub (if you have tickets).

If you do not have tickets you will most likely end up in the typical Miami BS...

Usually the "line" Matt refers to doesn't exist in Miami and you will just have to try to get the doorman's attention (like everyone else) and pray he will let you in.

In Miami discrimination is okay. They do not understand what FIFO refers too, and it is all about how you look or who you know when trying to get into one of the popular nightclubs.