Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Nightlife update

We are a early 40's couple returning to SOBE and are looking for a nightlife update. Would appreciate information on which nights are best for which clubs, and as an alternative which nicer lounges are good right now. Thank you!

Default Re: Nightlife update

That all really depends on what nights you want to go out.

Bodega is kind of the hot locals bar/;lounge du jour. It's not fancy, but a great mix of people and ages. A little overpriced for my taste, but if you're on vacation you'll like it.

Basement at the EDITION is fun. There's a disco down there plus an upscale bowling alley and ice skating.

FDR and Rec Room are fun too, though the crowds skew younger there. If you're ok with that, then it's a good time. Not the shitshow that is LIV or Story or anything. Though those two (LIV and Story) would be the two big clubs of the moment.

For drinks there's always Broken Shaker and Regent Cocktail Club, both perfect places for inventive cocktails.

New User

Hi Matt, thanks so much for the reply, I know that the question is asked a lot. We are there next week, Wednesday through Sunday staying at the SLS. I hear Thursday night is good at the SLS, apparently around the pool but not sure what time it gets going? Friday and Saturday nights are open and we want to do an upscale lounge after dinner both nights, and maybe a club later if we are up for it. Someone suggested dinner at Fountainebleau and then cocktails at Bleu where it's good people watching as people pre-game for Liv. Thoughts? Not sure about Liv as we have heard horror stories with doorman bordering on extortion/forced tips to get in and being all around butt heads. Thoughts on that or maybe Wall, is that a better choice? I think we can get in most places as we act and dress younger and my wife makes up for my poor looks...we just don't want a lot of door b.s. Overall though we would probably lean towards an upscale hotel bar or lounge that is happening but would try the right club too.

Are Broken Shaker or Regent more upscale?

Not really "upscale" but nice.

Do not got to Wall at all. It's super overpriced and really nondescript, just kind of a place for rich people to get bottles and not worth your time.

LIV is great if you get there early. If you guys dress nicely you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting in. I think if you wanna do a Fontainebleau night that's not a bad idea, but it's also limiting yourself.

The Rose Bar at the Delano is also very nice and a cool South Beach scene. Matador Bar at Edition is nice too. None of that's super upscale but still very South Beach so you'll like it.