Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Exclamation Slow songs being played at The Ranch Concert Hall & Saloon in Fort Myers!

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but apparently, The Ranch Concert Hall & Saloon in Fort Myers has been playing a lot of slow songs lately! A lot of them are by request; the people that go there must like slow dancing. In fact, one recent night, 3 slow songs were played within a time span of roughly 30 minutes! And they were the exact type of slow songs you would find at a 1990s high school prom!

So all of you who like and enjoy slow dancing at a night club or even after high school, including all you college students out there, you MUST go to The Ranch Concert Hall & Saloon in Fort Myers, Florida! The Ranch is one of, as far as I know it, an extremely small handful of nightclubs worldwide that play slow songs in additional to the slowie that is played prior to closing by some common nightclubs. Especially something like 3 slow songs within a 30 minute time span is worth travelling thousands of miles, yes, even hours in a Boeing 747, to experience! Country music may be played a lot there, but around 11:30, party music, including the slow songs, start mixing in, and The Ranch is open until roughly 1:30 in the morning. Request a song with the DJ, and there is a roughly 75 to 90 percent chance that he will play it. But absolutely no rap please! There is already too much rap at the other clubs. For those who don't know, rap is that music that has all the profanity in it and that glorifies the gang/thug life. Rap is a scourge of nightlife.

Now, The Ranch is, unfortunately for slow dancing college kids on spring break, completely booked with concerts every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for the entire month of March, as well as the last weekend of February. However, college students will be able to go get slow dances at The Ranch during most of April, May, and during the summer holidays. If hopefully that DJ is still there and still taking requests after especially 11:30 pm.
    Last edited by batman; 02-20-2016 at 03:19 AM.

Default Re: Slow songs being played at The Ranch Concert Hall & Saloon in Fort Myers!

That's a long way to go from Miami for slow dancing.

Default Re: Slow songs being played at The Ranch Concert Hall & Saloon in Fort Myers!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    That's a long way to go from Miami for slow dancing.
    But very, very easily worth the trip, especially for slow dancers. As I have said, there easily is but an extremely small handful of nightclubs worldwide that play slow music even anywhere nearly as often as The Ranch does. And something as major as 3 slow songs within a 30 minute period, even if all 3 were by request from patrons, is easily worth travelling thousands of miles to experience if you love slow dancing. Oftentimes, when a nightclub plays even one slow song at all, that one slow song is played immediately prior to the club's closing for the night.

Fort myers, where is that even? Let's stick to what we know best.. Miami

Ft. Myers is about 2 hours from Miami, just north of Naples on the Gulf Coast.

Haven, the South Beach gastro-lounge, is opening over there soon. Place is great so check it out when it opens up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Fort myers, where is that even? Let's stick to what we know best.. Miami
    Fort Myers is on the southwest coast of Florida, some 140 miles or so from Miami, or roughly 35 miles north of Naples.

I was actually in Ft. Myers last night and completely forgot to check this place out.

Batman, thank for this post.

Sadly, courtship is a lost art in which Slow Dancing plays an integral part. Today it's about duds (dudes ) enticing girls they can procure the finest and purest form of Acid.

My sister and I are bored enough with her tales how courtship was back then. Looking back, it was a more pure form than today.

Instead of the wrong Tinder swipe... back then you at least got to taste a gal's neck ....

It's telling Batman is younger than me. Even under the auspice of nuns and brothers. Those teen years, then .....you let kids do what kids do. I video I'm sharing was a prelude after a slow dance. It meant you'd take a gal to Errol Flynt's fire raged setting above the Hollywood Hills and admire Submarine races.

For all of you slow dance enthusiasts, here is a list of some seriously classic slow songs, any of which you can request the DJ at The Ranch play especially after 11:30 pm, and he may very likely play one (or more) of them, depending on which one or ones you requested. It includes but is not limited to;

"Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton

"On Bended Knee" by Boyz II Men

"U&I" by Jodeci

"Girl U For Me" by Silk

"If You Don't Know Me By Now" by Simply Red

"Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden

"Save the Best for Last" by Vanessa Williams

"Dedicated (To my favorite girl)" by R. Kelly

"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith

"You're Still The One" by Shania Twain

"Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers

"You're Beautiful" by James Blunt

"Where do Broken Hearts Go" by Whitney Houston

"Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion

"Slow Dance" by R. Kelly

"Never Keeping Secrets" by Babyface

"Babe" by Styx

"Real Love" by Skyy

"I Believe I can Fly" by R. Kelly

"Friends & Lovers" by Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson

"It's All Coming Back to Me" by Celine Dion

And quite a few others!

As a reminder of course, you must be 21+ years of age to go to The Ranch.
    Last edited by batman; 05-09-2016 at 03:17 AM.

New User

Finally, someone mentions The Ranch! That Ranch is a 6-star out of 5 nightclub! And no rap allowed, either! If I had to choose between a format of even 100% slow songs and a format of 30% rap, I'd take the 100% slow songs!

Just found another classic slowie; "John Doe" by Public Announcement.

this is starting to smell a little spammy to me. Anyone else?

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    this is starting to smell a little spammy to me. Anyone else?
    This is NOT spam at all! We need to BRING BACK the classic music in all nightlife! Slow songs and all! Get rid of the stinking rap right now! Put it back the way it was even in 2008!