Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marc Middleton

Thread: Where does the rap end?

New User

Angry Where does the rap end?

I know this forum is mainly about Miami, but I need to point out a HUGE rap crisis over here in Fort Myers/Lee County, Florida! There currently are no fewer than ten bars and nightclubs in Lee County that are playing majority rap all night every single night. Some of them even play all 100% solid rap all night from 10 pm to 2 am, and even have potty mouth DJs, too! When I go check out a club and it's playing rap, I give the place 3 chances to play something else. Basically, if I hear 3 rap songs in a row right after my arrival, I am out of that club! One club I was checking out called The Keys, 3 rap songs came to an end when the DJ took a break. I thought; finally, the rap is over. But when that DJ returned, his announcement was; "...now let's get this party really good and (censored) up!" How I was so totally ready to just wash that DJ's mouth out with soap!

In case anyone didn't know, rap is a subgenre of hip hop music, except that rap is that type of music that is overflowing with profanity, yelling, and glorification of the gangster/illegal drug life. And rap has literally become like totally mainstream in the entire Southwest Florida nightlife atmosphere! I love going to bars and nightclubs, but I absolutely, positively, and totally HATE rap music to death! Normal people don't listen to rap! Gang bangers, thugs, serial killers, and drug smugglers do! Terrorists listen to rap! And in fact, I can even bet those suspects behind even the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103; yes, even those who flew those planes/missiles into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on 9/11 and then sent those buildings crashing to the ground, I can bet those people likely listened to a ton of rap.

As of May 2016, the following bars/nightclubs in Lee County are playing rap as a majority of their music;

Club 1527 in Downtown Fort Myers

Dash Nightclub in Downtown Fort Myers

The Firestone Bar & Grill/Skybar in Downtown Fort Myers

Celsius Nightclub in Downtown Fort Myers*

Club Blu Bar & Grill on Evans and Carrell

Vegas Lounge/Nightclub on Colonial

Sandy Parrot Tiki Bar & Grill on US 41 south of Alico Road

The Keys Bar & Grill at Gulf Coast Town Center

Bar Louie at Gulf Coast Town Center

Tequila Bar/Cantina at Gulf Coast Town Center

and Blu Sushi Bar at Gulf Coast Town Center.

*Celsius is not quite yet majority rap, but rap songs have popped up and appear to be growing in quantity at Celsius.

Worse still, rap is popping it's ugly head at street events in Downtown Fort Myers! The recent St. Patrick's Day festivities saw a couple of bands on the street playing rap. And I am getting really scared of it now, especially the thought of another shooting like what happened at Zombicon, or worse, a truck bomb going off and killing who knows how many people. True, Downtown Fort Myers is under video surveilance, but the rap seriously needs to go away!
    Last edited by Tommy Vercetti1; 05-15-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Default Re: Where does the rap end?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vercetti1 View Post
    True, Downtown Fort Myers is under video surveilance, but the rap seriously needs to go away!
    Most of the hot songs on the radio are Rap & R&B and have been for quite some time, not sure why this is coming as a shock to you. Other than that, its pop songs. Drake is just as a popular as Taylor Swift, if not more.

Guess you need to get used to it or move!

I wouldn't call that a crisis. I"d just say it limits where you can go. IN FORT MYERS. Look at your demographics there, that should answer your question.

Drake sucks, though, I agree.

I think the opening statement was correct. This forum is about MIAMI. No complaints here with the music. Fort Myers, well not that interested, nothing compares to our nightlife other than Vegas.

New User

We need a major campaign for the State of Florida to get rid of all the rap music from especially our bars and nightclubs!

And in fact, because terrorists even listen to rap, perhaps the FBI and Homeland Security even ought to take action against all these rap bars and rap clubs!

We need a major campaign for the State of Florida to get rid of all the rap music from especially our bars and nightclubs!

And in fact, because terrorists even listen to rap, perhaps the FBI and Homeland Security even ought to take action against all these rap bars and rap clubs!
    Seriously dude, get a life. No one cares about your crusade. If you don't like the music, stop going to clubs that play it!

The Crips and Bloods are on our side.

http://ploomer.com/crips-and-bloods-...-organization/

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    Seriously dude, get a life. No one cares about your crusade. If you don't like the music, stop going to clubs that play it!
    And then what happens when/if every single bar and nightclub up and down the entire Gulf Coast is playing nothing but nonstop rap!? And then, due to the kinds of people rap draws in, shootings, fights, and even exploding truck bombs start breaking out all up and down the gulf coast? If/when that happens, the only way to stop it all is with a big time anti rap crusade!
    Last edited by Tommy Vercetti1; 05-17-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Jess: Fly swatter ...please !

And then what happens when/if every single bar and nightclub up and down the entire Gulf Coast is playing nothing but nonstop rap!?
    Then I guess you should join FtMyers411.com b/c MiamiBeach411.com doesn't care...

If you hate rap that much, you should come to South Beach next weekend..you'll have a blast!
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

And then what happens when/if every single bar and nightclub up and down the entire Gulf Coast is playing nothing but nonstop rap!? And then, due to the kinds of people rap draws in, shootings, fights, and even exploding truck bombs start breaking out all up and down the gulf coast? If/when that happens, the only way to stop it all is with a big time anti rap crusade!
    Wow, that escalated quickly!

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    Then I guess you should join FtMyers411.com b/c MiamiBeach411.com doesn't care...

If you hate rap that much, you should come to South Beach next weekend..you'll have a blast!
    I totally wish there were a forum like this for Fort Myers! Unfortunately, the only forum with a Fort Myers subforum is that stupid city-data forum that is based right in Pyongyang, North Korea, has a zero tolerance policy for free speech, including complaints about rap being played at bars and nightclubs per the Juche Ideaology, and whose administrator's actions reveal the administrator (of the city-data forum) to be even a close relative of Kim Il-Sung. Not to mention senior mods on that forum that show themselves through their ban-happy attitudes as workers of the North Korean government, even working in North Korea's gulags like Yodok, Camp 14, and Camp 22.

Methinks we have a bridge dweller in our midst.

Well this is easily the most entertaining thread we've had in a while

Ha yep. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This is the land of free speech after all...