Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Thread: Easter Weekend

New User

Default Easter Weekend

Hello all !!

just starting to look at dates for visiting south beach this april !!

Was wondering if easter weekend is more of a family weekend or is it full on party mode !!
    there will be for of us guys going down there looking to party and have some fun !! Night clubs, pool parties. Etc !!

also looking on VRBO. And Air BNB. For places to stay
    where would be a good location , around what streets , Wa looking at a few places near ocean blvd and 10 st , right by the cleavender hotel , good location or not ??
    or where else would you recommend to stay near ??

Thanks Mike

Default Re: Easter Weekend ??? !!

Hmm....Well Easter doesn't affect the parties much one way or another. That's still high season here, it'll still be fun. Families don't come to South Beach, really, so I wouldn't worry about it being quiet or having a lack of fun.

As for where to stay, that area around 10th street is a little dicey right now. They're getting a couple of cool new things - the Centro Storico complex and the new Employees Only bar -- but not sure those will transform the neighborhood by April, though. Maybe look south of 5th, or a little further inland. The island is pretty walkable and even if not Uber is abundant and cheap. Also look up around 20th-24th street, all the new stuff is being built up there.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Hmm....Well Easter doesn't affect the parties much one way or another. That's still high season here, it'll still be fun. Families don't come to South Beach, really, so I wouldn't worry about it being quiet or having a lack of fun.

As for where to stay, that area around 10th street is a little dicey right now. They're getting a couple of cool new things - the Centro Storico complex and the new Employees Only bar -- but not sure those will transform the neighborhood by April, though. Maybe look south of 5th, or a little further inland. The island is pretty walkable and even if not Uber is abundant and cheap. Also look up around 20th-24th street, all the new stuff is being built up there.
    10 th street dicey ?? From what i have read seems the cleavlander is a place that is always hopping and the surfcomber so thought we would stay close to there ? Am i wrong are those very old posts ??
    Is there a section of beach in the sobe area that is busier with people longing around then others. Or are the people spread out more along the beach ?

i will look at some places where you suggested , thanks for your help !!

Unless your staying at Loews, MB is pretty much a family free zone all year round.

As far as dicey, I avoid that by going to SoFi, which is 5th street or lower. Aside that it's dicey until you get more N on the beach. That's my opinion. Others might contest that, but it's all about what vibe you're looking for.

I do like the Clevander ... but it's not anything to write home about. It's OK.

Default Re: Easter Weekend

The Clevelander is great, but that area, especially up around Washington, is an abandoned ghost town now. It's weird. There's a bevvy of reasons why and they're trying to improve it this year with some cool new stuff coming in. But as of right now it's not the best. It's happened pretty fast over the past couple of years.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    The Clevelander is great, but that area, especially up around Washington, is an abandoned ghost town now. It's weird. There's a bevvy of reasons why and they're trying to improve it this year with some cool new stuff coming in. But as of right now it's not the best. It's happened pretty fast over the past couple of years.

Well that explains why accommodation , is that much cheaper around there compared to below 5th and up near 20th !!

wonder why nobody gives any bad reviews on vrbo or air BnB about that location , everybody seems to leave positive feedback about that part of town other than loud music all night !! But we are there to part anyway

thanks guys any other info would be appreciated !!

All the people leaving reviews might be part of that crowd