Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Party in January

Hi there

It has been 5 years since my last trip to Miami and I definitely need an update on the nightlife.
    5 years ago, the advices I got on that forum allowed me spending an awesome week-end. I am surprised to see how quiet is the forum lastly. What is going on ?

Anyway, last time I had table service at Mokaļ and also did Space and a a great time in both places.
    Story did not exist at that time and Icon was named Mansion. Clevelander, Louis, Florida Room, Mynt were pretty good options, and Liv was overpriced.
    I also heard about new places called E1even, Bodegas, Broken Shakers.

So my question is simple: can someone recommend places to spend the night for a group of 6 guys (half singles) that like mostly commercial house / EDM and top 40 that are not hip hop ? We'll be there from Thursday to Sunday, mid-January.

Thank you !

Default Re: Party in January

Ooook...yeah it has been a while.

Icon closed I think, and that space isn't much of anything anymore. In terms of clubs, LIV and Story are really the only ones still going strong, though with 6 guys that might be a tough go. Studio 23 is good for Hip Hop. E11even is a psuedo-strip club that has a lot of female patrons, or at least it did the last time I was there a little under a year ago. Rockwell was going strong for a while, but not sure if it's still any good. Might want to check out Heart downtown> I have not been but people I know in the nightlife scene like it. Space is Space, hasn't changed a whole lot.

I think Louis is dead.

Broken Shaker is great,but it's like an outdoor cocktail lounge, not a crazy nightlife kinda place. Bodega is a club behind a taco shop, and it's a fun local vibe. Not crazy but you can definitely get in there with 6 guys and have a good time. Foxhole is a fun bar too, you might wanna check that out. Craft Cocktail Club is probably the year's best new addition, great drinks, fun music, good crowd and, again, a place you can get in with 6 guys.

Basement at Edition is popular, and they "disco" downstairs can be fun. It's also got a bowling alley and ice skating rink down there and is a fun spot to party. Again, you can get 6 guys in easily, it's not as glamorous as some other big clubs, but is always a good time.

Hope that helps!

New User

Thank you Matt.
    I'll check most places you mention.

So South Beach is not all about clubs and bottle service anymore...
    I was quoted 2,5K without taxes for a table at Liv, so definitely no, but I saw they are selling presales tickets, don't they guarantee the entrance, even for 6 dudes ?

This thread is another great example of how information changes over time and proves the value of this forum for new postings.