Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default 15 year old twins visiting - what to do?

Our twin girls, age 15, & son, age 25, husband & I, are going to see South Beach for the first time, July 18 thru 25th - staying in Penthouse of Ocean Place condos, Collins Ave (got great deal on Craig's List - $1700 for 7 nites?!) Please help, I've been looking everywhere for these answers:
    - while very beautiful, & fit, my girls will not go topless on the beach - beach across from us is the Ocean State Park Beach - will they feel uncomfortable there, what's up? How young do they go topless there?
    - any clubs or cool night spots they can get in to see, like during the day or something - they won't have age 21 id cards (but could pass!) but are sooo interested!
    - safe for just the two girls to walk around?
    - can they stroll in & out of boutiques & stores without buying something in every one - will they be made to feel uncomfortable?
    - very into CSI show and locales - any suggestions?
    - want to see and spend on really different things we don't get to see or do in NYC or Philly - where to go?
    - is the weather gonna be sooo bad & sticky we'll wanna stay inside?

**anything else you want to add, please do so! This was my first post ever, anywhere, please forgive mistakes.
    Thanks for any help - I'll be checking this every 5 minutes as I need these answers!

Suzanne C

HI Nellie and welcome to the forums!

For starters, I think it may be illegal for you to allow your 15 yr old daughter to be topless. It's a not a nude beach so it's not you'll be surrounded. Don't worry about the beach....but no topless 15 year olds- as a mom, I can tell you there a few sickos out there...

As for the clubs, you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning. During the day they are closed but even if they were open, during daylight hours clubs are musty smelling, dirty and full of cigarette burns on the carpets, drapes, walls, furniture- no where near the fabulous places created by neon lightning.

They'll definitely be able to look versus purchase without nastiness; On the contrary, the salesgirls will probably kiss their a$$es the whole time hoping they buy something.

There are limited options for under 18ers but what are daughters like? I know you want to do something out of the norm but are they into sports activities? artsy fartsy types? and how about your son?

New User

Thanks Suzy! So glad - we were worried we'd be surrounded by topless - and none of us wanted that! Well, hubby & son aren't' really voicing objections! Our girls are very sporty, both play 2 varsity sports (bragging!), are also into art & theater (one planning art college & architecture - one of the reasons for our visit there!) We all love water sports! Duck tour any good? Any help is appreciated - I see your wisdom as I read my & other posts of yours! It's so needed by us! Thanks again!