Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clubbing tips

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, Michele, welcome to Miami Beach 411.

There's nothing to be nervous about.

If there is something in particular that is worrying you, feel free to start a new thread.

As far as visiting in July goes, make sure to bring an umbrella. July falls right in the middle of our rainy season. Mornings are usually sunny, but expect a few rain showers it the afternoon.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Gus

If there is something in particular that is worrying you, feel free to start a new thread.

As far as visiting in July goes, make sure to bring an umbrella. July falls right in the middle of our rainy season. Mornings are usually sunny, but expect a few rain showers it the afternoon.

What's making me nervous is it seems you have to be "hot", "model type", to get in most clubs. Did I misunderstand? Maybe I should just hangout with the gf in her pool....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Michele69
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus

What's making me nervous is it seems you have to be "hot", "model type", to get in most clubs. Did I misunderstand? Maybe I should just hangout with the gf in her pool....lol
    There are a *very* few clubs that have insanely strict door policies. It really is not very many, maybe a couple on south beach and a couple more on the mainland. For the majority, just dress nice. There are also quite a few that don't even have any sort of dress code.

New User

I wasn't really talking about dress code as much as "body type." Maybe its just because I'm from where clubs don't give a crap about what you look like, or where your from, everyone is welcome. But then again, I come from a small town, not many people. I know that makes a diff.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Guiliano
    Hey party animals,

I can help those that don't know where to go and how much to pay.
    We party every thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday at 10.30 pm at the hotel with unlimited drinks
    before the limosine pick us up around 12pm and drive us to the club where we get in without waiting in line
    or other stuff.
    So you drink, drive in the limosine, and get in the club without any trouble for just $30.

Thursday= INK club on Washington
    Friday= Dream club on Washinton
    Saturday= Cameo on Washinton
    Sunday= Nikki Beach Club on Ocean Drive

Hit me up if you wanna join

Guiliano
    305-721-9200
    Sounds like a hell of a deal Guiliano! I'm coming to SOBE May 20-27th from Iraq, and will probably be giving you a call. I'll be by myself, so hooking up with a group is the perfect thing for me.

hmm... be careful with some of the promoters is all I have to say. Do you trust promotions when someone cannot spell limousine even though they "ride in one" every weekend?

Be smart, and you'll have a great time.

New User

what club would u suggest to an 18 yr old. ive never been to miami, but plan on visiting in june. so far, ive heard sobe doesnt have any

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Kristine
    hmm... be careful with some of the promoters is all I have to say. Do you trust promotions when someone cannot spell limousine even though they "ride in one" every weekend?

Be smart, and you'll have a great time.

And thats why I'm glad theres people like you on here Kristine :) Never would have thought of that.

New User

Hi everyone,

I'm coming to Miami on Saturday with my friend for a week, I was a bit concerned about nights out because I don't know any young, English lads who actually own a pair of slacks, but I'm working on that.

Does anyone know if there are any big nights planned anywhere between the 9th and the 18th of May? Its both of our first times visiting and want to make the most of it.

Also, slightly off topic but any help would be appreciated. Does anyone know of anywhere that would be showing Premier League Soccer on Monday afternoon on or near to South Beach?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by UK24
    Hi everyone,

I'm coming to Miami on Saturday with my friend for a week, I was a bit concerned about nights out because I don't know any young, English lads who actually own a pair of slacks, but I'm working on that.

Does anyone know if there are any big nights planned anywhere between the 9th and the 18th of May? Its both of our first times visiting and want to make the most of it.

Also, slightly off topic but any help would be appreciated. Does anyone know of anywhere that would be showing Premier League Soccer on Monday afternoon on or near to South Beach?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Ha, I know, the dress codes here compared to the UK vary... But you should be fine wearing what you wear on a night out back home to a club.

I did see Roger Sanchez is playing Mansion Saturday May 16th.

And as for the football, there are a few Irish bars on South Beach and I am sure you'll find the game being shown in one of them.

Have fun!

New User

Hmmmm.....that was avoided like the plague...lol

New User

what club would u suggest to an 18 yr old lookin to have a fun and good time. ive never been to miami, but plan on visiting in june. so far, ive heard sobe doesnt have any

any suggestions?

Try and search on the search bar at the bottom of the page. There are a few threads that tell you your options. I can tell you that NO CLUB in southbeach will let you in u nless you are 21. There are alternatives just outside of the beach you can try, which you can find in the previously discussed threads. Hopefully you can find something!! This is the reason i alwways went to cancun for vacation when I was under age.. You can drink as long as you can reach the bar!! lol

You are asking about under aged parties when the sticky right by this one is entitled that...... Delaware said it best, use the search bar when in doubt. Almost EVERYTHING has been mentioned here.

Under aged Parties

Dress nice and stand up straight. That's all. If you are really concerned, skip Set, Mokai, and Mynt. Get your concierge or Kristine to set you up. I cannot reiterate enough, dress nice. It doesn't have to cost a fortune, but it has to look nice. Attitude is much more important than being a perfect size 2. Think sexy and act sexy, and you will do fine.

New User

thanx for the link!

how far are the downtown clubs, like Space, Nocturnal, and stuff, from south beach. would it cost a lot of money taking a taxi?

I'm not totally positive, but I know Space is said to be only about 15 mins away from the beach. As for the taxi sometimes it varies.. You can just run off the meter at the normal rates or sometimes you can negogiate a base fare. I would say if you let if run off the meter, depending on traffic, it would probably cost about $20 each way.. (thats just a total ball park as ive never taken a cab there, but will next week)

New User

Quote Originally Posted by coach
    Dress nice and stand up straight. That's all. If you are really concerned, skip Set, Mokai, and Mynt. Get your concierge or Kristine to set you up. I cannot reiterate enough, dress nice. It doesn't have to cost a fortune, but it has to look nice. Attitude is much more important than being a perfect size 2. Think sexy and act sexy, and you will do fine.

I think I can manage that....ty!
    I'll drop the subject now...lol

And don't be afraid of showing a little cleavage.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller

And don't be afraid of showing a little cleavage.

No worries there ;)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast