Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just called Tantra to ask what time is the latest an underaged person could arrive without being ID'd and the girl informed me before 11pm. She said 10:45pm to be sure you're not stuck outside.

I asked her "ARE YOU FOR SURE AN UNDERAGED PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED IN WITHOUT BEING ID'D BEFORE 11PM?" twice to be sure she got my question 100% and she again said, "YES, BEFORE 11 IT'S A RESTAURANT SO IF THEY COME IN AND EAT, AFTER 11 THEY DO AS THEY PLEASE."

That basically means, my theory of restaurant lounges is correct... go before 11pm. Make sure you make a reservation so you don't get stuck outside! Have fun!!

Update: we got in, no ID check, no questions... you must make a reservation for this to work because the doormen know every reservation that was made.

I wish I had known that valuable information when I was 18-20. Then again, I was broke back in those days, the tab at Tantra would've cost me an arm and a leg.

IT's funny I was "unfortunately" reading Tucker Max's book yesterday and I forgot that his most (in)famous post, the one about the disgusting anal sex experience, began at tantra. And he was 20, there with a girl who was 19. Guess we could have figured out Tantra was ok with the youngins from that one too.

you can always order an appetizer then just chill... lol

In the short time we were there $33 were spent. $20 valet and $13 amaretto sour...

New User

During WMC weekend will the 21+ be strictly enforced?? I am comming with a friend who is 20 but a girl. Will it be easy to get her in to places?

ehhh... I want to say yes and no. The places I mentioned should be no problems but in most cases... actual nightclubs will be very strict.

Sometimes people get lucky and find a doorman that is willing to accept a "tip" for letting the minor in but during WMC for the most part, security is heightened and getting in becomes much more difficult. Not to mention, most events will sell out so walking in will be close to impossible even for people over 21. Another reason is Spring Break. A lot of younger kids come in thinking Miami will be easy... NOTTT. The other night I ended up at Liv in the Fontainebleau and they swiped my ID... more and more places are begining to do this aka... LEAVE YOUR FAKE AT HOME. You are risking being arrested if you use a fake ID.

The Opium Group events will sell out... if anyone is interested... I suggest buying your tickets or booking your bottles within the next couple of days because they themselves are warning people that the events are going to sell out soon!

New User

Thanks Kristine. I just dont wanna be limited to the Ultra Carry On party. We went last year and it was a big disappointment. Tryin to find ways to get into Space or somthin because I know regularly they allow 18+ on Saturdays. Also do not want to buy a ticket online and not be able to get in once we arrive at the door! ha

New User

Hey. I'm a 20 year old girl planning a trip out this summer. Quick question - are clubs like 90 Degree, Space, Parkwest, etc. 18+ for girls every night, or only on certain nights?

So what are the main places you can get into if you are under 21? saying that I aint much of a clubber but I do not wish to be stuck in a hotel for 2 weeks on my own whilst friends are off partying. I don't drink so I won't be fussy bout booze :)

Hey Cass are you from the UK? It's diff here cos people get in at 18 and can drink too strangely enough LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Msh
    Hey Cass are you from the UK? It's diff here cos people get in at 18 and can drink too strangely enough LOL.
    Not only that, but in the UK you can easily get in even if you aren't 18! Not the way here... but if you steer clear of the big touristy clubs and try the places Kristine etc mention you should be fine. Stay away from Wet Willies especially, they scan IDs and can be really mean about fake ones!

I ent got a fake ID I don't really fancy getting arrested!!! LOL I just wanna no so if i can get in i can go otherwise find something relaxing to do in the hotel :)

You can follow Kristine's list, because it's immensely helpful for people in your demographic, but that nightlife is typically not going to be what you are expecting out of Miami. Some of it may be, and you may have fun, but it's not gonna be the star-studded glitz you might have seen on TV.

As I say, best to enjoy the non-nightlife-related aspects of the city now, and come back when you are of age so you can go out and really do it right.

I second that. Unless you are an under aged girl that at least is allowed in to Space... those places aren't really the umm... Mokai, SET, Mynt, or Louis of Miami

New User

hi you guys... I'm new to this site, and I thank you guys for offering this information. I'm 19 and a Miami native. I've never been the partying type. I've never drank any alcohol not even to taste. Now that I'm older I wanna see what a club is like. I'm a trained dancer and of course I love to dance. Tomorrow night I'm planning to try your suggestions out. I'm going out with two of my friends who are girls... do you think it would be easier to get into score although I'm 19? If not what do you suggest doing?

Score, the gay club? On South Beach nothing is really easy to get in to LEGALLY. The reason being that since 2000, the beach has completely turned in to 21+.

Just bumping the thread to make it a sticky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12