Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New User

Default Underage Discos, Bars, Clubs and Parties

Hi guys, first of all exscuse me for my bad english XD

Next Summer I was thinkin to go to Miami with some friends,but we're all 19 or 18.
    could you tell me if there are some clubs and disco where underages are allowed? i'm not interested in stripping or hot club, i'm just looking for place to drink (coke too....but beer is better) and have some fun like disco and parties on the beach and similar. Thank you guys :)

I recently went through this same issue while trying to plan a surprise party for my boyfriend. Some of his friends are under 21 so I was trying to think of where I can send them. Restaurants allow people under 21 before 11pm, so they are really supposed to serve you before 11pm. Strict places will either not let you in or kick you out once it reaches 11.... but most will not care all long as you're in before that time.

If you look too young... "fahghedaboudit" But if you have a matured semi 21 looking-ish face you can try these alternatives:

1- Tantra(sobe) - best on Monday nights - if you eat dinner really late and don't leave... there ya go
    2- HedKandi(sobe) - closed
    (I think you catch the flow that they are all dinner lounges so I will just name them from now on)
    3- Karu & Y(downtown)
    4- BED(sobe) -- has been receving bad reviews lately so I wouldn't recommend this place for an older, more sophisticated crowd... it's all young kids now.
    5- Novecento/Santo(lincoln road, sobe)
    6- Yuca(lincoln road, sobe)
    7- Bongos(downtown - AA Arena)
    8- The Forge/Glass(NoBe - 41st)
    9- Ta Zin(sobe)
    10- Vita (sobe)
    11- Ahnvee Lounge (sobe)

and now for the places that allow 18+:

1- Cafe Cristal(Kendall) on Thursday nights is college night so it's 18 to party and 21 to drink
    2- Atarazana(Doral) allows men 18+ on certain if not all nights.
    3- Boulevard Cafe(Allapattah?) allows men 18+ on Fridays from what I remember
    -- The above places are for Latin dancing only, they are not fancy by ANY means. Cafe Cristal plays a bit of everything since it is college night and a lot of kids from FIU go over there. Some people call these places ghetto; I used to have fun there when I was 18 but we had nowhere else to go!
    4- Vagabond - hipster/indie club... it's really quite fun though. I want to say they allow 18+ because everyone there looked about 12 years old. heh
    5- Lucky Strike (SoBe) - Cool bowling alley/lounge.

Ladies 18+, Men 21+:

1- Space(Downtown)
    2- Nocturnal(Downtown)
    3- 90 Degrees(Downtown)
    4- Fame(Downtown)
    5- Eden (Dowtown)
    -- all of the above are on the same street so it's pretty easy to go from one to the next.
    6- Temple (Coconut Grove) - most popular on Monday nights... they took over the old Flavour Nightclub spot and the old 50 Cent Mondays party at Oxygen aka... it is hip hop. I remember Oxygen on Mondays was really ghetto so this party MAY BE a bit ghetto... haven't been yet so I cannot verify whether it is or isn't.

New User

Thank you very much... does everybody know if is possible to rent a car if we're 19 years old?

car rentals you must be over 21... They charge an extra fee for being under 25 but you do need to be over 21.

Great list, Kristine! We gotta bookmark that for further questions.

Be advised a lot of those places Kristine mentioned are in mainland Miami, not Miami Beach, and therefore would necessitate a car to get to. Either a car or an expensive cab ride. Miami is a great place to come visit and party, but you are very limited if you are under 21. My advice is to come back in a few years.

sank u :)

I forgot two under the dinner lounge places so I added them in there. (Glass and Ta Zin)

Places that serve food before 11pm do not ID patrons because well... the law states that before 11pm people under 21 are allowed to eat there!

I say the easiest one to pull this off is either Karu & Y or Bongos... both places are so big once it starts to get busy they don't pay attention to what's going on around them. Only thing is... BE CAREFUL ordering drinks, if you get caught, you maybe arrested.

--I agree with coming back after you are 21. You have the freedom to go wherever you want without having to worry about getting caught/ rejected at the door.

New User

Thanks for the list! I'm in the same situation. My friends and I are heading down there for spring break but majority of us are 18 or 19. We are staying on collins road near the beach so we were hoping to go out to places near the beach. Would you be able to put a list up of the locations closest to the beach and things to do around there for ppl <21? Thanks.

I would put a list but but well... that is the entire list for all of Miami.... This is not a city for people under 21. I posted those but am not 100% sure they'll work.

I used to go to Bongo's every weekend when I was 18 and it was really easy. Just hang out by the bar til they set up the club... no questions asked. EVER.

But I don't know... it may not work for you guys... If you have really young faces you will be ID'd by someone. I am 23 and every two steps I take with a drink in my hand, a security guard from no matter which club... always asks for my ID. (annoying)

You can also go on the party boat that leaves from Bayside. There is no age limitations for those boats. Aside from that...

The Mondrian is finally picking up. You can go on Friday night, eat dinner at Asia de Cuba then hang out by the bar... I don't suggest even trying to order/carry around a drink. But atleast you can say you were at a cool loungey type place!

Sunday before a certain time Nikki Beach does not ID people either... you can eat lunch there in order to reserve a place for seating and chill. It's pretty busy all afternoon on Sundays in to the night when Club Nikki opens up.

The Shore Club and Raleigh both have pool parties that do not ID on Sundays... Just please, don't act like an 18-19 year old! lol

You guys better act accordingly! If not, you'll mess up the secret parties for everyone else in the future. They will begin to ID patrons that look young after eating dinner.

New User

Kristine...thank you so much. I hope it works and don't worry, the group I'm going with are not immature...I don't know about them on spring break tho. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by ufacp
    Kristine...thank you so much. I hope it works and don't worry, the group I'm going with are not immature...I don't know about them on spring break tho. thanks again.
    We have a whole article in the SB guide for the underaged. Check it out...

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/in...-break-advice/

Apparently Big Fish in Brickell is 18+. I may be going tonight with some co-workers so I will confirm whether or not it is.

How'd that work out for you, Kristine? 18+?

oops... forgot to report!

I ended up falling asleep. lol.

I had a group from the JW that went and apparently there was a private event so they were unable to go in. I remember last time we went, Lilly, which is 18, got in problem free.

Lucky Strike in South Beach is fun to chill and they no longer ID at the door. Their policy is 21+ so they can be picky if they want to be.... But atleast at the door, they won't be asking you for any proof.

On Thursdays, a large group of 18-20 FIU students flock to MANSION, they are even transported on the college bus. I'm not sure if they ony let in girls or guys too.
    Some club bouncers are lenient with girls 18-20, but not with guys.

I remember being 19-20 and shut out of several places. Funny thing is, now I'm 28 and I don't go out that often.

Ew, a night at Mansion with a bunch of FIU students? I mean, good suggestion but that crowd may not be what these folks are looking for. Or maybe it is. I duuno. Certainly would not be my first choice.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Mario
    On Thursdays, a large group of 18-20 FIU students flock to MANSION, they are even transported on the college bus. I'm not sure if they ony let in girls or guys too.
    Interesting. Do you know what time the bus departs and returns?

The bus leaves at 11PM and returns I think at 4AM. I think the students that go, get a discount in entrance and drinks. I've never gone on the bus because I'm 28 and don't wanna be the oldest guy there and that event seems made for kids 18-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer
    Ew, a night at Mansion with a bunch of FIU students? I mean, good suggestion but that crowd may not be what these folks are looking for. Or maybe it is. I duuno. Certainly would not be my first choice.
    Matt, not all FIU students are like the girls you used to see walk into Club 609 in the Grove (admit it, you tried to pick them up).
    At FIU, there's a lot of variety, I know one group of guys that are all Cuban-American, went to Belen Jesuit, worship the Diaz-Balart brothers. I know another group that includes Whites and Hispanics, they're all anarchist vegan hipsters. I've met quite a few European and LatinAmerican girls who think they're the fashion experts and live off daddy's cash. There's also fraternity type people. What I don't see much is guys who resemble Pitbull, the rapper.

YES! You are absolutely right. Nice job calling me out on that one. I spent many years in the late 90s trying to pick up girls at 609. Great call. Of course, that was about when I also learned that I was going to stick to white girls.

However none of those groups you mentioned sounded at all appealing to me. Again, why I'm glad I went to UM instead of the MDCC Extension over there by the Tunrpike and 8th Street. But you never know, maybe the visitors who asked the question would be interested in hanging out with one of those groups. Who knows. To each their own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast