Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Party at Kristine's place!

Hey everyone,

I am finalizing the details on my boyfriend's birthday party. I was planning on having a big party in my building. My bf's birthday is April 23rd and his childhood best friend's birthday is April 30th so it would be nice to celebrate both bdays on April 25th. I spoke with my building manager and the deposit is only $500... not bad especially if I give a check and no one messes anything up, I'll get the check back. I hope everything is left back in order! Last time, according to the building, we bleached the couches and made a mess... There was only like 30 people and no one went in the pool (it was november 15th... too cold!!)... They made me pay $300 to steam the rug, blah.

I wanted to extend an invite to all mb411 regulars and the visitors that will be in Miami for that weekend to join us. It should be a nice party. The room is beautiful, I'll go down there and take pics later. It's definitely big pimpin' baller style looking. lol. jk.

I will probably not have enough funds to buy alcohol for everyone so if anyone is able to bring some with them, I would appreciate it! My birthday party had 30 ppl and I spent $800 on liquor and a dj so since this one will be bigger, I'll need help if a lot of people come along! I have two liquor stores within a 4 block range of my house so it's easy to get some on the way... One even delivers! lol

I'm going to have a flyer made for the party. I figured this way, it would be easier to spread the news faster. Just post it on his friend's myspace messages and facebook. It'll also help to keep it a surprise from my boyfriend... yeah you heard right.

It's going to be a SURPRISE PARTY. So if you see him, please don't say anything like, "hey man, I heard about your party."

I'll finalize details and post up the flyer within the next few days.

New User

sounds like you are inviting.. anyone and everyone on MB411??

Let me re-word.... After a text from Santana saying, "Are you seriously inviting everyone? Random people can show up and trash the room!" She brought forth a valid point, people that aren't even members might show up and crash the party.

Ok... so with a little thought and re-wording: Yes, I am inviting all MB411 members... BUT... you must email me to confirm and RSVP. I will not be putting my address on the flyer which means the only ones that will know it will be the ones that I email with the information. I will limit the amount of people allowed because my bf and his best friend have a lot of friends so the party will be big enough as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristine
    It's going to be a SURPRISE PARTY. So if you see him, please don't say anything like, "hey man, I heard about your party."
    Your secret is safe with me. I don't know your b/f! :-)

lol. Thanks Tere :)

Well I just left the deposit check so it's set for April 25th at 9:30pm. I'll have my friend make the flyer tomorrow... hopefully he can finish it within this week.

I decided to make the arrival time earlier because I will be taking Marlon out to dinner or something and having to arrive around 10:30-11pm from dinner is late!

I'm not going to post the address on the flyer so again, everyone will need to RSVP.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Sounds like a blast. Please RSVP for Michelle and I. We promise not to trash the place. However, Michelle is a bit of a klepto, so we'll need to keep our eyes on her and search her bag before she leaves.

PARTY!

You're throwing a suprise party and posting about it in a public forum.

Your logic escapes me sometimes, Kristine. It really does.

Gus, WTF? The only thing I ever stole was your heart...and 3 peanuts from the grocery store when I was little. :-P

lol @ Michelle and Gus. I'll have my security guard check everyone's belongings on the way out! hahaha.

I wonder what I'm going to do about parking... it's a bit tough here I must admitt. Maybe I can like... put caution tape along the side of the building to save the parking for everyone on the street? (not happening, I will get in trouble... but I wish)

Matt, my boyfriend only really knows about Myspace... trust me, posting on the forums will do nothing to ruin the surprise. lol. He doesn't know how to use facebook either... if I made the headliner on facebook say "MARLON'S SURPRISE PARTY ON APRIL 25TH @ 10PM".... he'd never find out. lol

Famous last words, Kristine! %-P

I've made a note of the date/time to see if I can make it.

Gus

Don't want to pull any thunder from MARLON'S SURPRISE PARTY, but I want to mention, next Wednesday, we're crashing the celebrity Tweetup taking place at Monty's in South Beach. It's the warm up party before MARLON'S BIG BLOW OUT!

Count me in! I should have off next Wednesday.

Kristine, count me in! Sounds like a great time. I will email you to get the address.

Does your building or somewhere nearby have valet?

PS ... How on earth were the couches bleached at your other party? There was bleach at the party?

According to the building manager, we jumped in the jacupool (oversized jacuzzi) and sat on the couches... causing them to have large bleach stains.... Since when does going in the pool bleach a couch is my question?!? Not to mention November 15th of 07.... was a COLD night. In the pictures... everyone has sweaters on!!!

Valet... hmmm... I think Paltinum has valet. They are on 30th. Maybe I can talk to them but then people will need to cross over 2 blocks to get to me because you have 29th terr. then st. which is where I live... we'll figure it out! (hopefully)

BTW, I'm thinking about making it themed. What should we do?

Sounds fun, will RSVP a bit closer to the date as we should be getting settled in around then.

i wouldnt fit in....most likely

So is that thing at Monty's really a celebrity Tweetup? And what constitutes a celebrity Tweetup anyway? I've been hearing all these stories lately about celebs and Twitter. I must just be out of the loop.

Gus

So is that thing at Monty's really a celebrity Tweetup?..
    Maria's friend, Hugh MacLeod is one of the most respected and followed blogger online. In addition to being a bad ass writer and cartoonist, Hugh participates in a weekly podcast called the Gilmor Gang, along with other Internet celebrities like Jason Calacanis, Robert Scoble, Loren Feldman, Leo Laporte, and others.

Back in March of 2007, Maria introduced me to Hugh at a dinner on Lincoln Road... he's a super cool dude and very easy to talk to.

In my world, Hugh is a celebrity.

Matt, not to mention, *I* will be there LOL ... (I actually am pretty popular on Twitter, though I protect my account and keep my following down to a limited number.)

Hugh is well-known in the techie circle. But he is know really succeeding in his art career and is about to publish a very groovy book (I saw a galley copy) about being creative.

Kristine ... hmm ... I guess chlorine from the jacuzzi can stain fabric? Did they still force you to pay, even though none of your friends went into the jacuzzi?

Nope. My dad fought it til the end until they ended up just saying that they won't charge for the couches. They even threatened to put a lien on the condo.... meanies!

They did, however, manage to charge him $300 for the steam cleaning of the carpet which took place over a month after my party AND after another girls crazy NYE party that really DID mess up the room.... My dad just got fed up and paid it so they would stop sending threatening letters.

So to make a story short, please do not bleach the couches or soil the rug.... this time I will be paying out of pocket!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast