Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I went to Bono's club in Dublin, The Kitchen, a while ago. My former boyfriend and I had no idea that they served food, but there was a large buffet with vegetarian food that came out for about an hour. I thought it was a cool concept, and the club was so much fun. And living off of terrible ham and cheese snadwiches for most of our visit, I thought the food was relatively good considering it was free. We also went to Waterford in Ireland, and didn't realize until we left that it was the town that made Waterford crystal!

If I had a Miami club I would do bite sized key lime pies made by Big Pink, mini cuban sandwiches (with or without pork loin), and if budget permits little portions of ceviche served in a shot glass. And maybe a mango mojito..As long as the food just comes out for one hour, I think it could be cheaper than doing hot dogs all night long..

If you use my idea I get to go for free! (And bring my 411 friends)!

I guess since it's named Chicago, deep dish pizza might be a better choice-but I still like the Miami menu!

Sungal - I love your Miami menu! Bring it out around 1 or 2am. I'll be hungry by then.
    I would eat pizza too though. lol

I don't like the hot dog idea either. Hot dogs and liquor - yuck- then you have hot dog agita all night. Hi! I'm _________. burp (hot dog breath). gag.

Exactly.

LMAO! Jenn - excellent point! I had not even thought of the breath issue.

Honestly, I would be more concerned about attracting a cheapskate crowd with freebies. If you are the corner divebar that runs its music off a 20-year-old jukebox, that's fine, but if you are trying to be a decent nightclub that has serious bills to pay, you want customers with money. I have nothing against cheapskates, I love Lost Weekend, but you have to know your market.

And you guys may think I am being harsh, but anyone who has been here for any amount of time knows that the numbers of club owners who get quickly pwned and go out of business in Miami is EPIC. This is particularly true of people from other major cities who think that Miami wants their vibe. Anybody name me one club that has tried that which is still in business? People live in Miami because they like the Miami vibe. People visit Miami because they like the Miami vibe.

I really like Sungal's idea of a light menu available for a limited time. I would do it between 2:30 and 3:30, though, or maybe even 3am and 4am. Make people stay for it, that way they will be buying more drinks. Remember, most people do not even get to the club until 12:30.

On the hotdog bit it's a novelty Chicago style hotdogs are famous http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_hot_dog

I loved the idea for the humor bit of it.

typical Chicago-style hot dog includes:

* Steamed poppy seed hot dog bun
    * All beef hot dog (steamed) (preferably Vienna Beef)
    * Yellow mustard
    * Chopped white onion (raw)
    * Neon green relish
    * Sport peppers
    * Tomato wedges
    * Crisp kosher dill pickle spear
    * a dash of celery salt.[9]
    * No ketchup!

Hey Juan

I don't know if it was you or Erich that I was talking to about cheap Valet how is that working?

Are you guys open this weekend? I just had a few friends call and ask if you're open tonight Thursday?

So Friday Night is the grand opening and I think the great Hot Dog Debate might be settled.

Friday, April 10, 2009 at 10:00pm

Here's the info
    XOXO brings their famous Friday night dance parties to Miami!

DJ JASON TYLER will be hosting SPECIAL GUESTS all night!!!

Make sure you pay attention to the 5 MINUTE OPEN BAR every HOUR on the HOUR!!!

Cover Free before Midnight $5 after.

$5 drinks all night.

Is there a website?

New User

Juan,

Best of luck to you. And don't let anyone discourage you. These folks are just seasoned Miami Beach vets and you can't blame them for giving their historical insights. I've seen Tommy's facebook page, partying is his life. I'm new to what I do as well but I have an idea that I think will work and I have nothing but this lifetime to live out my dreams.

Miami B
    The Personalized Concierge Service
    http://TheMiamiB.com
    305-896-8171

Missed the opening. How did it go? Did anyone go?

Quote Originally Posted by coach
    Missed the opening. How did it go? Did anyone go?
    It went great. There was a decent crowd for a new club.

I went with a few others from South Beach and everyone said they really dug the outdoor area and were planning to go back.

Also the hotdogs were good! No lie everyone was digging them.

just found out some friends are spinning tonight around midnight. come by for some good house. will post a tweet in an hour or so to let you know how it is.

New User

Need some contact info for guests to your club

Oh, I forgot to say. Went to this the other night. Cute place. NO free hot dog!!!

I love the upper/outside area. That is great.

So wait, is the free hotdog thing still going on or not? This will be the dealbreaker, so please let me know. I am a whore for free food.

Do you guys have their phone number? We have someone asking for contact info for Chicago!!!

And if they don't have free hot dogs anymore.... I'm not going! LoL jk. That's not cool though, after all those days about discussing do or don't towards the hotdogs... They don't even have em!

So what's the deal with this place? I had some friends who wanted to know. I haven't seen any new posts since April. Would I be wrong to venture out and say it closed?

I want to hear more too. Can't wait for Miami style clubs but a little taste of home would be great. Will you guys do a WBMX night? There's been a few of those this year in Chicago and they have been OFF THE HOOK!

New User

Decided to give this place a shot this past Saturday night. Judging by the photos of this place's Facebook page, I was expecting the upbeat, unrestrained enthusiasm, post-collegiate atmosphere, in the same likes of Bar Chicago (located in the City of Chicago). Instead I got thug life galore.

To start, nobody working the door seems to agree on what the cover charge is. Sorry that I can't report an accurate cover charge, but I will say that I've payed cheaper (this includes free) covers to party at better places.

First floor was hip hop. DJ pauses music and gives shout outs every 5 seconds. Probably the closest experience to a Notorious BIG concert. Only about 25 people at the venue. Strip teases available on the first floor, no nudity or friction, free of charge (just tip the girl). Patio was unavailable. 2nd floor is a boom boom room, available only if you're looking for a full friction private dance from one of the girls working the 1st floor. The charge to take a girl up to the 2nd floor was $25, but like the first floor, this may depend on which employee you ask. Also, the 2 for 1 drinks depends on who you ask. It was 3AM and a guy working the door said 2 for 1 drinks. However, a different guy inside said 2 for 1 drinks ends at 1.

Urban theme + hip hop + $5.00 entrance = thug life galore

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast