Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Chicago- New Night Club on Miami Beach

I was leaving an event last night and found the new purveyors of Chicago- Night Club. This spot is the former Zoes at 637 Washington Ave Miami Beach, FL 33139. The guys came from Chicago and wanted to bring a chill fun vibe to Miami Beach.

Featuring no lines to get in, (What are you serious? These guys think people having fun and enjoying music is more important than the image of people waiting outside)

Top that off with a free Chicago style hot dog when you get inside and $5 drink specials ALL NIGHT!

These guys are the real deal and I believe are going to be delivering!

Here is the link to two late night interviews with the guys.

I'll update when I go back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be0MJc1Dh6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXuelWknjsY
    Attached Images Attached Images  

lol. free hotdog and $5 drinks. I love it... almost as much as his Bart Simpson wearing Mickey Mouse colors tee.

Man, that area is CURSED though. I guess it is becoming a little more upscale, but everything I've seen open there hasn't done well. This place sounds good though, I hope it lasts. I'll def. have to check it out.

Pwned. The history of folks coming from out of town and thinking that they know what Miami wants and failing miserably is really, really long. I do wish them all the luck, but they really have no idea what they are in for.

I think Brad said it best right at the beginning of his interview, "Nobody has ever heard of this place." Um... well, if you opened a business and nobody has heard of it, that is a bad indication right there.

Brad, what time did you do this? Was the place open for business? Were there any customers?

However, I do agree that the lower Washington area has been a rough place for the past few years, but it seems like it might finally be coming around, albiet very slowly. Heathrow seems to be doing okay. Skyline just opened, though I don't give them more than 9 months. And the city has actually started working harder at cleaning the area up. Of course, everything might fall apart thanks to the economic slowdown and the reduced tax revenues, but I am willing to give the area a second chance.

Cool interview, though, Brad.

This interview was on the fly Wednesday night between 1-3 AM. When I'm interview prime. The venue has a downstairs and an upstairs with a large open air area. The upstairs was pretty full and they were still setting up downstairs. As I remember a few things fell through faster than they thought it would. They also still hold court at a club in Chicago as well.

Big idea I like. I told them parking here sucks free valet would be the real deal. They said they are working on $5 valet. Now that would be a game changer.

A friend stopped by Friday night around 11 and said it was dead. But again its WMC alot of people have plans and they had no promotion. Its a club story I am going to watch.

$5 Valet in South Beach? You offer that you're the #1 club immediately. Value-based economy, folks. Value-based economy.

this reminds me of cocaine cowboys the guy was in NY at the time his club had just took off and they were doing great but his best friend / co owner god shot up and he came down to miami and because a big time guy in the buisiness

Is it a hip hop place? The 2 owners give off that vibe

Matt hit the nail on the head though saying how that area is cursed so true!

I love the Chicago idea, but I wish it was themed after the Chicago from the the Capone days of the roaring 20's... like a glits and glamor speakeasy would be super cool and fun

a free hot dog might get some guys in there, but it also might gross out some ladies

id love for something to open and succeed in that area and not bring ghetto crowd in, but there is slim chance of that now in these times

Skyline seems to be doing pretty much ok... Heathrow is becoming an underage heaven... but that area is changing slowly but surely. I have hope! :)

The speak easy idea would be awesome. I would totally go.

The free hot dog is a horrible idea.

im pretty sure its hip hop they dress like weezy

First, why is a free hot dog a terrible idea? I think not enough clubs serve food as it is, but I like it.

And Kristine, that area was underage heaven when I was underage (aka a long time ago). If it's hip-hop mixing with underage, well, that just sounds like like Zanzibar/Night Flight/Club Deep to me. If the area is gonna change, I think those two elements are not a promising sign.

New User

hey guys, i'm one of the partners involved with Chicago. so far we have received pretty good feedback regarding our ideas for the place. with the 2 floors we are trying to cater to multiple musical tastes. so if you come on a friday one week, don't expect the same dj and crowd the following wednesday or saturday. this isn't to say all the music wont be good. we just dont want to have only hip hop or house or whatever every night. our grand opening is next friday and i hope you all come check it out for yourselves. our outdoor patio is probably my favorite part of the entire place.

Hey Juan,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for the info... One question for you:

What night will you be playing those different types of music?

I ask this because when I went to Skyline on Saturday, it was open format. Then, another member from the forum went on a Friday and it was ONLY house and she hated it.... Can we know what your schedule is so this way if someone doesn't like a certain type of music, and they want to visit you, they'll know when to go!!

New User

i was going to post it all up as soon as we got it sorted out. we're still in talks with promoters to see what nights work best for them. its looking like wednesday will cater to a more hipster crowd, thursdays will probably be dubstep, fridays will be house and saturday more of a hip hop/top 40 theme. of course these are all subject to change before next friday and with our 2 separate floors we can do different types of scenes on the same night.

Is this where Privilege used to be?

Sounds good :) Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer
    First, why is a free hot dog a terrible idea?
    "Hey! Nice shirt! "Ooops! I splooged mustard on it! So sorry, that dude raving behind me bumped into me." That's one problem.

The other is that free food attracts deadbeats. Deadbeats do not pay your bills, nor do they attracts the ladies. The ladies attract paying customers.

I used to think that having food in nightclubs is a good idea, then I realized that some people actually wear nice clothes when they go out, and the likelihood of getting something nasty on them goes up exponentially when we have food involved. I realize the same is true of drinks, of course, but why add to the issue?

What I think is nice is when a club has a reasonable in-and-out policy. Most clubs in Miami do not. Most big ones, anyway. That way, you can leave, get food, and come back in. Of course, if you have a crowded club, as one would hope that you do, that is also problematic.

A separate eating area in a club might be cool, but is a bad use of floorspace, financially.

New User

come by and check out our patio where the food is served and you'll see why we don't think there will be the problems you addressed. also, just to clarify, the hotdogs are free with a drink purchase.

So, basically, it's a $15 hotdog, Juan?

Just messin with ya.

I love your idea, as Pawn Shop downtown used to do the same thing with burgers on some nights, also selling $6 32s of Bud and Bud Light. So you are opening a week from tomorrow, then, April 10?

Coach, I see your point about food and that totally makes sense. There's a big club in Sacramento I go to all the time that has a separate Rice Bowl restaurant INSIDE the club. It is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. That and the see-through plastic divider that place has between the women's and men's rooms.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast