Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The response I received was funny... I don't know if it'll help much but here it goes:

"I know Clark's & Tim's & Louis... I don't know what chucks are... People who do not know how to dress when they go out are usually bad news and should stay en la casa.

Evening Casual/Casual Chic/South Beach are all acceptable dress codes. People should stay away from sneakers and t-shirts and ALL athletic gear and beachwear. Jeans are acceptable as long as they are worn with buttoned down shirts. Any questions? :-P"

So there you have it straight from The Opium Group....

Did you guys know South Beach was considered a dress code? I thought that was funny... The place has its own dresscode because the clothing style for sobe is so odd and of its own that it has become it's own form of style!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristine
    The response I received was funny... I don't know if it'll help much but here it goes:

People who do not know how to dress when they go out are usually bad news and should stay en la casa.
    I thought the funny part was people who don't know how to dress should stay at home! :lol:

Well I guess converse are more a West Coast thing. I'll go with my nice loafers then.

Converse are just more of a rocker/hipster thing. Unfortuanetly there are very few rockers and hipters here..

rockers/hipsters.... few in Miami?? Noooooo!!!!

Go to ne 14st in downtown. Your view on that will change. Vagabond, White Room, PS14 = hipster central. Design District? Hipster central. Art gallery openings at cool places around Miami? Hipster central!

Newest one: LIV on Wednesdays.... will be hipster central.

I went to Vagabond once with my sister cause I guess she is considered the hipster crowd with her bf being an artist and all... I had fun. Chill crowd. They all looked like babies (18+ allowed in) but none the less... the outside area was nice and they had a guy doing bbq! Smelled soooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristine
    rockers/hipsters.... few in Miami?? Noooooo!!!!

Go to ne 14st in downtown. Your view on that will change. Vagabond, White Room, PS14 = hipster central. Design District? Hipster central. Art gallery openings at cool places around Miami? Hipster central!

Newest one: LIV on Wednesdays.... will be hipster central.

I went to Vagabond once with my sister cause I guess she is considered the hipster crowd with her bf being an artist and all... I had fun. Chill crowd. They all looked like babies (18+ allowed in) but none the less... the outside area was nice and they had a guy doing bbq! Smelled soooo good.
    When I was trying on Jeans the chick helping me grabbed a few that I swear when I put them on they looked like chick low rise jeans that were shoved into my crotch....she said it was the hot fashion trend, very "hipster"....I told her to go get me some normal jeans and dress me like I'm a 31 year old not an 18 yr old emo kid ready to cut himself. After that she got the point :)

By the way, since this thread is titled where to go... I can tell you where not to go. Westbound on the 836 in the afternoon. I'm driving in this right now and it's only 3:40pm!!! Why did I leave downtown. (Sigh)

haha nice pic looks like normal miami traffic

Wear your slip ons. You said "loafers", but when I picture loafers, I picture those brown leather boat looking shoes or penny loafers. Don't wear those.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn-NY
    Wear your slip ons. You said "loafers", but when I picture loafers, I picture those brown leather boat looking shoes or penny loafers. Don't wear those.
    lol, I thought if I said "slip-ons" you would think I was taking about boat shoes. I'll wear my slip-on's/loafers.

Lol loafers why dont you wear dunks or jordans.

For mansion white colored shoes/sneaks BAD, dark colored shoes/sneaks GOOD very simple

I always wear my black sketchers there they are sneaks but classy in style ones, Basketball shoes like Jordans and nike are NOT IN, dont wear them with your baggy pants!

Mansion is not that strict on dress, if you have any common sense you are fine. If not it's true, you simply should stay at home.

PS LADIES... DO NOT wear flipflops.... this is not the beach

I've worn pumas before the black and white ones those were nice http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/images/pumas.jpg

rhianj -That's cause you're 15. "Tyrone" is 31 and should wear dress shoes.

I have some loafers but i wouldnt even dream of wearing to a club thats like wearing a suit swimming

http://www.news.com.au/common/imaged...6072563,00.jpg Thats what happened when this guy wore loafers.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn-NY
    rhianj -That's cause you're 15. "Tyrone" is 31 and should wear dress shoes.
    Pumas are dressier than most dress shoes, depending on the version. I actually own a pair of Puma dress shoes. They are so hot.

Also, most dress shoes look dorky. Uncool is a pretty apt term for them. *Especially* for South Beach. **Especially** if they have tassles.

Its funny when i see some old guys who are having their tough biker phase and they have they little tassels on the ends of the handlebars.

Why would they have tassles? What is he going to work in a pair of khakis? A nice black leather pair of slip on loafers or whatever you call them will look really nice and classy. You are going to Mansion, not the corner bar. Don't wear sneakers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast