Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Should night club entrance be automatic for hotel guests?

Going through a couple of travel advisor reviews I notice that almost none of the hotels have a special entrance for their hotel guests; they have to stay in line like everyone else.

Is that good or bad? If I were to stay at Fontainebleu and spend a ton of money on a suite, I wouldn't want to stand in i line. At the same time, I get that they dont want the "discount people" with cheap rooms to go in without being checked.

Tricky... Whats your thoughts?

Should be no line/fee for guest. At least thats how it is in Vegas

Hey Horatio,

The only hotel I know that gives preferential treatment to guests is the Delano. If you arrive there on a busy night, the girl behind the rope asks if you're a guest. If you are, you get right in. But normally it's never more than a 5 minute wait.

The clubs are sometimes independently owned and therefore, don't cooperate with the hotel. I agree that if you stay at the Fountainbleu, you should get an easy entrance to LIV. I wouldn't worry about "discount people" in cheap rooms. People who want to spend less money are in no way inferior to the guy in the Penthouse suite. Infact, they may be cutting costs on the room, so they can splurge on bottle service at the club!

Like many travel related businesses know, having a swank relationship with the hotel concierge is a wise thing to do.

I think if I had paid Fountainbleu prices I'd want to skip the line at Liv.

Agree 100% Jess. If you are staying there, you should at LEAST get to skip the line. Vegas does indeed work like that and it's great. I'm not so sure about the waived cover. Maybe the more-expensive rooms get that as well. This way it keeps the "discount" crowd out, but still gives you a perk for being a guest.

Then again, what's the incentive for a club to do this if they can get people to come anyway>

What's up with discriminating against people who want to save money, or a "discount" crowd? If people are lined up infront of the door, chances are they bought a new outfit, took time to get ready, and are prepared to spend upwards of $15 per drink.
    How is that being cheap? And please, don't go to clubs that offer free entry and drinks before midnight..can you imagine the rif-raf?

People in Miami don't go out early, so crowds that show up at that kinda stuff before midnight are usually just the type who are willing to go out at ten if it means saving a lot of money and avoiding a line. Back in the day there was this thing called SoBe Spots that had that once a week at some high end place. I went EVERY SINGLE WEEK and the crowd was never riff-raffy. But when that ended, so did my clubbing days in South Beach. Unless I have a flask.

Sungal, I think "discount" is being used here as another lovely euphemism for the Memorial Day Weekend Crowd. Anywhere that's nice, once that becomes your main crowd it's only a matter of time before you are out of business. Nothing wrong with trying to save a buck or two, but I think that's the fear that was being referred to.