Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57
  1. #41
    Beach Bum Eduardo_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    55
    Likes Received
    0

    Default

    what kinda stuff you mix, i mix a lil trance and club on the side here but doubt i'll do that down in miami

  2. #42
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    10,353
    Likes Received
    698

    Default

    Wow, $235 is so worth it in that case. Not for me though, I have to work, boooo!

  3. #43
    Editor Matt Meltzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,738
    Likes Received
    847

    Default

    I think you'd almost come out ahead at $235. Can anyone off the street register for that or do you have to be a member of the Worldwide DJs Association or something?

  4. #44
    Senior Member wpns4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    973
    Likes Received
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer
    I think you'd almost come out ahead at $235. Can anyone off the street register for that or do you have to be a member of the Worldwide DJs Association or something?
    It is a good bargin when you consider Ultra tickets are 134 alone. Its open to anyone. http://www.wmcon.com/ Price goes up on Nov 11th and continues to go up as it gets closer though.

  5. #45
    Senior Member wpns4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    973
    Likes Received
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pezlo
    what kinda stuff you mix, i mix a lil trance and club on the side here but doubt i'll do that down in miami
    Thats such a hard question to answer lol. If you look at my record collection i would say its 50% electro/club house, 30% classic house, 10% techno, 5% break beat, 3% trance and 2% other.

    So in that sense i guess you would say im a house DJ but really it depends on when and where im playing. If im back in MI you're more likely to hear me play techno than house. If im playing first on a lineup you're more likely to hear me play classic house compared to if i was playing prime time slots like 1am where you would probably hear me play electro.

    But i find myself mostly playing electro/club house since its the most popular and when i do my friends compare me to DJ Dan, which i guess i agree with.

  6. #46
    New User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19
    Likes Received
    0

    Default

    I am just going to get the UMF tickets and pick just a few parties / clubs to visit, I want to sight see Miami the first 2 days I get there since I have never been to Miami or Florida at all.

  7. #47
    New User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19
    Likes Received
    0

    Default

    anyone buy the WMC badge yet? how much does it come to? or is it $235 total.

    the UMF tickets come to almost $150 after the extra fees

  8. #48
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    10,353
    Likes Received
    698

    Default

    Yeah, seriously that service charge is unreal. Service for what?? The delivery isn't even included.

  9. #49
    Senior Member wpns4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    973
    Likes Received
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdtechno
    anyone buy the WMC badge yet? how much does it come to? or is it $235 total.

    the UMF tickets come to almost $150 after the extra fees
    I did. Its $235 total no service charges or anything.

  10. #50
    New User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19
    Likes Received
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpns4l
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtechno
    anyone buy the WMC badge yet? how much does it come to? or is it $235 total.

    the UMF tickets come to almost $150 after the extra fees
    I did. Its $235 total no service charges or anything.
    sweet so 235-144(umf tickets)= $91 really spending.

    I would think regular wmc club parties are like 10-30 to get in depending on the talent, so if I go to 1 or 2 a day and get in free wed-sat. thats like 10x8= $80 at the min.

    so that badge is looking pretty good, also I am sure the WMC after parties at night fri and sat. post UMF, I think at worst you come out even at the end.

    Plus I think you may also get some freebies like demos and other things.

  11. #51
    Senior Member wpns4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    973
    Likes Received
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdtechno
    Quote Originally Posted by wpns4l
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtechno
    anyone buy the WMC badge yet? how much does it come to? or is it $235 total.

    the UMF tickets come to almost $150 after the extra fees
    I did. Its $235 total no service charges or anything.
    sweet so 235-144(umf tickets)= $91 really spending.

    I would think regular wmc club parties are like 10-30 to get in depending on the talent, so if I go to 1 or 2 a day and get in free wed-sat. thats like 10x8= $80 at the min.

    so that badge is looking pretty good, also I am sure the WMC after parties at night fri and sat. post UMF, I think at worst you come out even at the end.

    Plus I think you may also get some freebies like demos and other things.
    Just make sure you sign up before the price goes up on the 11th. Day of registration is like $435! Crazy.

  12. #52
    Editor Matt Meltzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,738
    Likes Received
    847

    Default

    I was just curious...

    The seminars that go on as a part of the actual "conference," what do they cover? Like is there stuff for beginning DJs on how to hone their craft? Is it career-related stuff like how to find gigs and what the new trends in DJ-ing are?

    Obviously, I am not looking to get into this arena, but strangely I have some friends who are. Anyone who's been care to offer some input?

  13. #53
    Senior Member wpns4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    973
    Likes Received
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer
    I was just curious...

    The seminars that go on as a part of the actual "conference," what do they cover? Like is there stuff for beginning DJs on how to hone their craft? Is it career-related stuff like how to find gigs and what the new trends in DJ-ing are?

    Obviously, I am not looking to get into this arena, but strangely I have some friends who are. Anyone who's been care to offer some input?
    here is a link to last years events to get an idea. I havent seen this years list yet.

    http://www.wintermusicconference.com...narsandpanels/

    also a link to last years schedule. they do have workshops for beginners and so on.

    http://www.wintermusicconference.com...hedule2009.php

  14. #54
    New User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19
    Likes Received
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpns4l
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtechno
    Quote Originally Posted by wpns4l
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtechno
    anyone buy the WMC badge yet? how much does it come to? or is it $235 total.

    the UMF tickets come to almost $150 after the extra fees
    I did. Its $235 total no service charges or anything.
    sweet so 235-144(umf tickets)= $91 really spending.

    I would think regular wmc club parties are like 10-30 to get in depending on the talent, so if I go to 1 or 2 a day and get in free wed-sat. thats like 10x8= $80 at the min.

    so that badge is looking pretty good, also I am sure the WMC after parties at night fri and sat. post UMF, I think at worst you come out even at the end.

    Plus I think you may also get some freebies like demos and other things.
    Just make sure you sign up before the price goes up on the 11th. Day of registration is like $435! Crazy.
    Of yeah even after this price it goes up like $40, I am getting this as soon as possible this week.

    I was looking at the "the list" from last year and the badge gets you in free to alot of the good parties and some reduced admissions, I am going to plan ahead on what parties I want to go to anyway so I might as well get the badge.

    I am going to start posting on tranceaddict.com they seem to have a whole giant thread that gets made around the new years with people posting meet up, plans, etc..

  15. #55
    Editor Matt Meltzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,738
    Likes Received
    847

    Default

    Cool. Thanks for the info.

  16. #56
    Member sungal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,744
    Likes Received
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer
    I was just curious...

    The seminars that go on as a part of the actual "conference," what do they cover? Like is there stuff for beginning DJs on how to hone their craft? Is it career-related stuff like how to find gigs and what the new trends in DJ-ing are?

    Obviously, I am not looking to get into this arena, but strangely I have some friends who are. Anyone who's been care to offer some input?
    I would guess the new trends and a chance to see the best DJ's in the world. Somehow I don't see the DJ attendees waking up at 8am to go to classes on how to spin while still looking cute in the DJ booth.

    I saw a really cute shirt last time that said "I only take requests in the bedroom."
    Matt, your friends may want to contact Uncle Sam's on Washington and 13th, I bet they have all the info...it's the top DJ store in Miami.

  17. #57
    New User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19
    Likes Received
    0

    Default

    Well I just got the early bird UMF tickets instead.

    Also booked my hotel last Tuesday in SoBe on 11th St. Collins.

    Last is just flights sometime mid Jan to get the better price.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •