Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will these men's clothes get me in the dance clubs?

My wife and I plan on doing some clubbing when we come to South Beach in 3 weeks. Will I get in with these type clothes? Shirts- Short sleeve polo shirts with collar and 3 buttons down, not all the way. Pants- tan or dark blue straight leg khakis. Shoes- tan or black rubber sole rockport type shoes with laces.......If these will not get me in, what do I need to change? thanks

Cooch,

Welcome to Miami Beach 411 and thank goodness you wrote in, because those clothes will not get you in anywhere, except the hotel bar at the hotel you're staying in.

I am giving you a link to an article I wrote for men about clubbing. I go over the anti-club outfit, and it is the exact outfit you described! That's ok, we're here to help.

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/in...ng-into-clubs/

My advice..bring 2 pairs of jeans in different washes, a nice pair of black shoes, and buy your shirts here. Although not super sobe trendy, this boutique makes the most wonderful, lightweight cotton clothes-Vennissac. It's affordable and the men's shirts are wonderful. I just bought a white linen dress there.

This shirt is perfect, and here's the website.
    http://www.venissac.com/s2008/8.html

You can stroll Lincoln Rd. to find trendier button-downs, but please skip anything that sparkles. The Ed Hardy and Christian A. shirts are popular here, but please avoid them.

The only way you can really do a polo shirt here would be if it's Lacoste, and if you pair it with the trendy, bowling-inspired sneakers...but that look should not be for Friday or Saturday.

I just reread your post and I think you're joking about your outfit. Rockports? You wear rockports and want to go clubbing?

they are what i wear to work....i do have nice dress shoes but they are not as comfortable.

whew, thank you sungal........good thing i found this forum........ i will check out that sigt when i have time

i have jeans, but they might not work....loose fits....what do you think?

sungal, looks like the shirt should be long sleeve, not short sleeve?

For a roofdeck party short sleeve would work, for clubs, long. If you plan to go to hip hop clubs, the rules change.

Clubs in Miami differ from most places in the US. Here in Miami we are in the fashion forefront, it's a mecca of fashion, art, and beautiful bodies, hence you need to be fashion conscious to get into any good place, and comfort should be the last thing on your mind. All the ladies here are donning 5" heels not for comfort I assure you!
    Khakis, boots, and tshirts are the absolute last thing that you should bring to miami. Take a good read though sungals articles, she knows here stuff.
    Take a walk on washington and collins ave. NOT the tourist tshirt places! I'd suggest checking out what the manikins are wearing, and buy that outfit.... who ever puts together manikins usually knows what they are doing..... so no skill involved and no spending 2 hours trying to match things. Just don't get something too glittery... that trend is in it's hanging on to last gasp of air phase.

Another good suggestion is to watch NipTuck. Think Dr. Christian Troy, he is always dressed very Miami Style.

Good luck to ya.... and if you dont want the hassle of a club, most hotels have great lounges

ok thanks for all the tips and advice. i will read the articles today....

one more thing.......what can i wear to lounge/bars like delano's rose bar and others like that, and also pool parties at hotels?

For pool parties you wear your swimsuit and a shirt. For hotel lounges, wear the same club outfit I described..if you arrive to the hotel early, 7, and want to go to the pool bar, you could get away with just jeans and a polo shirt, since it's hot outside. For the rose bar, the long sleeve shirts I described.

Thanks sungal, i have some clothes shopping to do i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Clubs in Miami differ from most places in the US. Here in Miami we are in the fashion forefront, it's a mecca of fashion, art, and beautiful bodies, hence you need to be fashion conscious to get into any good place, and comfort should be the last thing on your mind. All the ladies here are donning 5" heels not for comfort I assure you!
    Khakis, boots, and tshirts are the absolute last thing that you should bring to miami. Take a good read though sungals articles, she knows here stuff.
    Take a walk on washington and collins ave. NOT the tourist tshirt places! I'd suggest checking out what the manikins are wearing, and buy that outfit.... who ever puts together manikins usually knows what they are doing..... so no skill involved and no spending 2 hours trying to match things. Just don't get something too glittery... that trend is in it's hanging on to last gasp of air phase.

Another good suggestion is to watch NipTuck. Think Dr. Christian Troy, he is always dressed very Miami Style.

Good luck to ya.... and if you dont want the hassle of a club, most hotels have great lounges
    I don't think I'd buy the manequin outfit..they're sometimes over the top, and usually very sparkly. No one should feel pressured to do 5 inch heels. If you can't walk and can't dance what's the point? I fell twice in my heels and got kicked out-they thought I was wasted and couldn't walk. It was the 6 inch wooden platforms I tell you! And the models, what do they wear to clubs? Flats. But sure, if you can pull off the sky high heels they are very in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cooch
    Thanks sungal, i have some clothes shopping to do i guess
    Whilst Miami has a 'look', don't stress yourself out about worrying about what to wear. It is your vacation after all, and it's meant to be enjoyed! Have a re-think on the going out clothes, and if you do decide to go shopping, enjoy shopping for new clothes for your trip! Miami is meant to be fun, and the doormen at the clubs tend to forget that stressing someone out about their clothes can ruin someone's night out.

you are right, thanks...i would think it is too dark to look at anyone's shoes anyway

You can't wear Rockports!! Besides a black dress shoe you can also do a nice slip on leather loafer..beige, brown, black, white..Actually if you're American you won't be able to pull off the white.

Jess, tell this guy to just say no to these shoes:

woops, posted a link but it messed up the page, so I deleted it. Hopefully the page goes back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    You can't wear Rockports!! Besides a black dress shoe you can also do a nice slip on leather loafer..beige, brown, black, white..Actually if you're American you won't be able to pull off the white.

woops, posted a link but it messed up the page, so I deleted it. Hopefully the page goes back to normal.
    Im American and i've rocked these at clubs many of nights.

I either wear those or a pair of black dress shoes i have.

Yes, that's the bowling inspired sneaker I describe, not to be confused with the rockport walking shoe. But would you do white loafers?

Quote Originally Posted by wpns4l
    Quote Originally Posted by sungal

Im American and i've rocked these at clubs many of nights.

I either wear those or a pair of black dress shoes i have.
    K-Swiss... nice one. :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast